RE:Sarong

I have a few different sarongs. Even some that are see through. Those are for fun events. But love it for nude hiking. Its easy to use it if a textile comes up to me on the trails. Also the crop tops are small to cover only my shoulders and arms when hiking and wearing a pack for chafing. Plus it helps with sunburns.

Do you ever wear sarongs or crop tops in stores, theaters, restaurants etc?

This post was edited

I've worn a sarong into town for shopping and so forth, with a shirt. Here in Hawaii it's not at all common, but not totally unknown. I use it as a coverup to go check the mail, or to get to the c/o beach, that kind of thing. Around beaches it's not noticed because people use it over suits, too, as a coverup. I was once down on the beach with nothing but the sarong; when we came back up we discovered that the car my friend had driven us in had been broken into. So, at the police station in just my sarong, I got to report that my clothes had been stolen. They didn't bat an eye.

This post was edited

In Hawaii, dont they call them Lava lavas? Ive worn them for yrs. They are great for throwing on to go to the ice machine in a hotel or motel. I have several and wear them often and throw one on to answer the door if its a stranger.

This post was edited

There's no Hawaiian word, strictly speaking, because they weren't worn in ancient Hawaii. (The men wore loincloths, and capes in bad weather). Lavalava is Samoan; pareu is Tahitian, Sarong is Maylay.

This post was edited

There's no Hawaiian word, strictly speaking, because they weren't worn in ancient Hawaii. (The men wore loincloths, and capes in bad weather). Lavalava is Samoan; pareu is Tahitian, Sarong is Maylay.

I have read elsewhere that the standard everyday attire for men in ancient Hawaii was nothing and the loincloths were for special occasions!

This post was edited

We both have sarongs. We use them quite a bit at clubs, resorts and for travel. We both have short and long ones. During our longest stay at Club Orient, 14 days, if we weren't naked, we had a sarong around our waist for visiting Orient Village and Tap 5 Market for pizza or incidentals. We took them and used them to sit on at the restaurants and bars that allowed nudists. Most times, sarongs are easier to deal with instead of a towel.

As far as wearing them out in public, when we first moved here, I did wear one to take the trash bins out or retrieve packages from the front porch. It's become easier to just do that nude nowadays.

When a new market opened near our club, we'd see some of the resident women go into the market with a sarong on. Though you could not see their nude body, you could tell they were nude under the sarong. It didn't seem to bother those that chose to do this. Most people gave them a glance but nothing more.

This post was edited

Sure , when it's really hot like last week I'll do a crop top with cutoff jeans for shopping. A sarong? I'm probably not going to do that anytime soon.

This post was edited

Sure , when it's really hot like last week I'll do a crop top with cutoff jeans for shopping. A sarong? I'm probably not going to do that anytime soon.

Do many men wear crop tops in your area? They were somewhat common here some years ago, but are extremely rare now. Have any businesses objected to your crop tops?

This post was edited

I am having a major upgrade done to my pool this week. While I would wear shorts (and no shirt) when interacting with them, would the sarong be sufficient in the house in case they see me through a window?
For that matter, do I need to wear anything in the house?

This post was edited

I am having a major upgrade done to my pool this week. While I would wear shorts (and no shirt) when interacting with them, would the sarong be sufficient in the house in case they see me through a window?For that matter, do I need to wear anything in the house?

It does not hurt to ask the workers about their comfort level if you were nude.
NOTE: One thing I had trouble with at one time was working in an extablishement that was not closed. Every movement among clients or owner drew my attention away from my job even if it were only a second or two.

This post was edited