a new warning

I seen today the Texas heat advisory put out a new advisory to wear loose fitting clothing to avoid heat stress! then no clothing should be better?

This topic was edited
RE:a new warning

Not really, and this is a serious safety issue. Think of the Arabs in their all-covering flowing white robes. Loose-fitting light-colored clothing in moisture-wicking fabric allows air flow, but keeps the sun OFF your skin and cools by picking up and wicking away sweat. It's is a useful tool for surviving heat. Sure, in deep shade or indoors, with enough air flow to keep your skin dry of sweat, naked is fine, probably better.

This post was edited

Not really, and this is a serious safety issue. Think of the Arabs in their all-covering flowing white robes. Loose-fitting light-colored clothing in moisture-wicking fabric allows air flow, but keeps the sun OFF your skin and cools by picking up and wicking away sweat. It's is a useful tool for surviving heat. Sure, in deep shade or indoors, with enough air flow to keep your skin dry of sweat, naked is fine, probably better.

Probably why people like the Arabs who live in hot desert climates (except Australian Aboriginals) wear loose fitting clothes covering most of thier body, but native people in jungle areas wear very little of anything.

This post was edited

Indigenous peoples throughout the tropical and equatorial latitudes have dealt with heat through living naked or near naked up till recent times (nb some still do albeit its a diminishing number).

Having worked in the jungles of Papua New Guinea I reached the conclusion that the reason for this is that the sweat generated by these climates which are hot and humid exceeds the benefit of clothing. My employer with all its risk assessments made us completely cover up and each time I'd be with the locals they'd ask why, and I'd be envious of their nakedness!

This post was edited