UK government advice to heatwave

One bit of advice, wear appropriate clothing, surely the advice should be wear nothing where ever possible, as that is the only state in which the bodies natural cooling system works, you sweat, it forms a film on the skin, immediately evaporates causing a cooling effect, when you are wearing clothes, you sweat, it soaks into your clothes, you stay hot and sweaty, I'm already fed up with people wearing clothes telling me they are hot!!!! Of course you are ffs!!!

This topic was edited
RE:UK government advice to heatwave

One bit of advice, wear appropriate clothing, surely the advice should be wear nothing where ever possible, as that is the only state in which the bodies natural cooling system works, you sweat, it forms a film on the skin, immediately evaporates causing a cooling effect, when you are wearing clothes, you sweat, it soaks into your clothes, you stay hot and sweaty, I'm already fed up with people wearing clothes telling me they are hot!!!! Of course you are ffs!!!

I agree with you. However some people believe that in hot, sunny dry climates, like the Sahara and Arabia, believe that l loose, light color clothing reflects enough sunlight to make someone cooler.
There seems to be more agreement that in hot, humid climates, the less clothing the better.
I often think that as Europeans began to settle in tropical climates, everyone would have been better off if the settlers had adopted the minimal clothing of the native population, instead of encouraging the native population to adopt clothing standards that were more appropriate for cooler climates.

This post was edited

UK and especially Northern Ireland is far behind the Stone Age about nudism.

This post was edited

UK and especially Northern Ireland is far behind the Stone Age about nudism.

I thought that nudity was legal in the UK.

This post was edited

Belfastman81 What is your statement about the nature of UK nudism based on?

This post was edited

What is your statement about the nature of UK nudism based on?

If you were referring to my statement, numerous comments by UK residents in this and other forums,

This post was edited

Im in the UK.

Hes talking bullshit.

This post was edited

Were you referring to me or Belfastman81?
Admittedly, I don't live in the UK and have only visited once for a week and never got beyond London.
However, I have seen numerous posts here and on other boards stating that nudity is legal in the UK, even if not widely accepted.

This post was edited

Im in the UK.Hes talking bullshit.

That was my thinking as well but I didnt cut to the chase as you did

This post was edited

One bit of advice, wear appropriate clothing, surely the advice should be wear nothing where ever possible,

It isn't just that side of the Pond that officials fail to provide simply solutions to problems. Newscasters sit in shirts and ties and jackets and tell people to dress cool. The weatherman will do on location plug about the heat, way overdressed for the heat. Them and politicians should lead
by example and bare all on hot days.

This post was edited

I thought that nudity was legal in the UK.

Well, let's say its not illegal but that doesn't mean you can go about naked, they just call it a public order offence, behaviour LIKELY to cause offence, regardless whether it has or not!!!

This post was edited