Hothead Headliner review

For any Jeep owner, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say, the interior of the Jeep gets extra hot in Summer. Jeeps don't have headliners and this company called; Hothead Headliners makes a great kit. They aren't cheap but they are worth it. I bought two kits, one for my wife's '06 TJ and one for my '18 JL.

It was easier to install the two panels on my wife's TJ with the top off. I was able to install the 11 pc set for my JL this afternoon and do it completely naked in our garage with the door open. The toughest part is prep. Scuffing the interior panels with sandpaper will cause some dust. I was able to keep it to a minimum with a shop vac. You then apply acetone to those scuffed spots and stick the panels into the spots. If you have questions about it, they have a YouTube channel with video instructions. Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.

They say that the headliners will cut down on noise and heat and I'm here to tell you it's true. We get over 100 F here in the summer. We'd get in the Jeeps, and it felt like our hair was on fire. The A/C had to work hard to get the interior temp down. Thank goodness we usually drive with little to nothing on! haha

The customer service for these headliners is awesome. Made an installation mistake and they sent me some new velcro to make it right. They are always quick to answer emails and phone calls and help you out with whatever you may need. Highly recommend.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.