Naked Sumo wrestling.

I enjoy watching sumo wrestling matches, as well as learning the history, traditions, and techniques of sumo as it's preformed in Japan. I also think sumo wrestling would be an awesome and very fun fit with nudists and the nudist lifestyle. When sumo wrestlers wrestle each other, they wear literally nothing except a loin cloth, or mawashi, and are barefoot as well. As nudists, our version would of course subtract the mawashi as well so that we're just totally naked and barefoot. The mawashi is often used to grab and throw an opponent in traditional sumo wrestling, but some rules could be altered to get around this for the nudist version. This has been done before, as I remember seeing sumo wrestling conducted in videos of certain nude beach Olympic game events. I've been practicing various sumo stances and moves at home, at least what I can do on my own. Totally naked and barefoot as I don't wear a mawashi of course, I am a nudist and so only plan on doing a nudist version. Sumo without a mawashi seems like it would be really cool as a sport for nudists, and I think it has lots of potential and should be explored more often.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked Sumo wrestling.

There are dozens of styles of wrestling and martial arts, and I imagine that just about any are best naked. it all boils down to the function of the clothes other than modesty and the need to protect the penis and rest of the body.

This post was edited
RE:Naked Sumo wrestling.

Exactly, and as I said since sumo wrestling is traditionally conducted in nothing but a mawashi it makes total sense that there would be a naked version as well. Since we eliminate the mawashi in naked sumo an opponent can no longer be grabbed, but other rules to accommodate the loss of the mawashi can be put in place for this version.

This post was edited