RE: Cameras at Nudist Locations

I was reading yesterday about Google Glass and from what I read a lot of the sun glass manufacturers are getting onto the Google Glass band wagon, and if anyone watched "the Crazy Ones" with Robin Williams they were showing how someone could be taking a picture while you just thought the were looking at you. So I see this as a point of concern for people who are worried about having their picture taken. I for one years ago when they first added camera's to phones gave up the idea that I would never have a photo taken on myself without my knowledge. I am sure it has happened, I know it has happened to my wife because I have sen her in photo's posted on line.

This post was edited

Nudist resorts need to adjust their policies to the modern times. They need to get into the 21st Century. Yes I liked the old rules but technology has made them obsolete. Now the only ones who don't have a camera are us old fuddy-duddies who are still obeying the rules we were brought up on. It's time for everyone to move on. Maybe we should require everyone to hang their camera or phone around their neck so everyone knows what they are doing with it.

This post was edited

I was reading yesterday about Google Glass and from what I read a lot of the sun glass manufacturers are getting onto the Google Glass band wagon, and if anyone watched "the Crazy Ones" with Robin Williams they were showing how someone could be taking a picture while you just thought the were looking at you. So I see this as a point of concern for people who are worried about having their picture taken. I for one years ago when they first added camera's to phones gave up the idea that I would never have a photo taken on myself without my knowledge. I am sure it has happened, I know it has happened to my wife because I have sen her in photo's posted on line.I think there would be quite a bit of resistance to Google Glass ata nudist resort. Just recently several people have been accosted in the streets of San Francisco for wearing Google Glass in public.
https://mashable.com/2014/04/13/google-glass-wearer-attacked/Real cameras, and phone cameras are going to stand out at a nudist resort or beach, meaning to say f the person is naked it will be clear they have something they are carrying. SO I have no problem with cameras in a nudist resort. As a photographer, if I want to take someones photo I always ask, even if they are ina public place where privacy cannot be expected.Those who want to sneak a photo will be more obviously doing so at a nudist resort than anywhere else. I say normal societal rules should apply. To post a photo of someone, one is meant to get the subject to sign a document allowing you to do so. Regular laws give plenty of protection. Of course the freaks will ignore all rules and laws anyway, so why limit the lawful and responsible adults, by definition, rules and laws don't apply to law breakers.?

This post was edited

I was reading yesterday about Google Glass and from what I read a lot of the sun glass manufacturers are getting onto the Google Glass band wagon, and if anyone watched "the Crazy Ones" with Robin Williams they were showing how someone could be taking a picture while you just thought the were looking at you. So I see this as a point of concern for people who are worried about having their picture taken. I for one years ago when they first added camera's to phones gave up the idea that I would never have a photo taken on myself without my knowledge. I am sure it has happened, I know it has happened to my wife because I have sen her in photo's posted on line.I think there would be quite a bit of resistance to Google Glass ata nudist resort. Just recently several people have been accosted in the streets of San Francisco for wearing Google Glass in public.
https://mashable.com/2014/04/13/google-glass-wearer-attacked/Real cameras, and phone cameras are going to stand out at a nudist resort or beach, meaning to say f the person is naked it will be clear they have something they are carrying. SO I have no problem with cameras in a nudist resort. As a photographer, if I want to take someones photo I always ask, even if they are ina public place where privacy cannot be expected.Those who want to sneak a photo will be more obviously doing so at a nudist resort than anywhere else. I say normal societal rules should apply. To post a photo of someone, one is meant to get the subject to sign a document allowing you to do so. Regular laws give plenty of protection. Of course the freaks will ignore all rules and laws anyway, so why limit the lawful and responsible adults, by definition, rules and laws don't apply to law breakers.?I agree. Well said.

This post was edited

Even ifyou're at a nudist resort close to home, the chance of someone you know seeing a photo of you is very slim, and if you're far away from your hometown, the odds are close to zero. I cannot understand al the fuss about photos. I am not ashamed of my nudist way of life, and don't care who sees my photos.

This post was edited

I took a trip to Cypress Cove earlier this year and was surprised that cell phones were allowed (with the exception of the pool area), although I saw plenty of folks texting near the pool, so it seemed they allowed phones pretty much anywhere.
Interestingly, it didn't bother me at all, even when a young girl was texting I realized her phone was pointing in my direction but never sensed a photo was being taken, you can tell when someone is composing a photo on a phone. Had she taken a photo, so what anyway.
Having seen Cypress Cove attract a large number of young nudists on the weekend, and knowing how married to their phones they are, I believe its time for resorts to be more lenient with regard to cell phones. Not accommodating the millennials will result in them not being social nudists. Resorts need to find ways to attract the young, not discouraging them from being themselves.

This post was edited

One resort has adopted a policy of requiring guests to place a small colorful patch to cover the lens. They do this on all cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Results are not yet in so I can't report on its success.

This post was edited

If people are worried about being seen by others, they should stay at home.

This post was edited

I pose.

This post was edited

Just because you are a nudist doesn't mean you want to have your picture on the internet. I have no problem with the trying to keep this from happening.

This post was edited