Cameras at Nudist Locations

Cameras have always been banned at nudist locations, but with the changing technology ofphotography, I believe that it is time to set a more realistic set of rules for the use of cameras. Personally, I am not opposed to taking photos at nudistlocations. From the many photos posted in members profiles it is apparent that I am not the only one who believes this. Actually I sort of resent not being able to take pictures at various resorts, but that is their rules so I follow them. This is one of the reasons I am writing this post; to update the rules. Another reason is that we have hadmany activities and great times with some great people and have nothing tangible to remember them by. Photos would be most appreciated so we could remember all the great times. So here's my suggested set of rules for taking photos.
1. Always have permission of the subject before taking any photo.
2. Be sure of your background. Do not take photos with others in the background. (This is probably the most important rule and the main reason camers are routinely banned.)
3. Do not take candid shots unless the subjects know and agree in advance that it is acceptable.
4. Avoid taking shots from unflattering angles.
5. Never post any photo on line or in any publication with out the consent of the photo subject.
6. Do not share your photos on line with anyone other that the subject of the photos.
It seems simple enough. It's simply a matter of showing common courtesy to your fellow nudist. I would hope that others would comment on this and maybe suggest their own rules. The main goalhere is tocreate a new, updated set of rules for camera use at nudist locations.

This topic was edited
RE: Cameras at Nudist Locations

I have suggested elsewhere that the resorts and clubs have a special area for those that wish to take photos.

This post was edited

A seperate location for photos is a great idea.

This post was edited

Officially cameras are banned at nudist resorts. However, off the record, if you ask in the resort office, somebody from the resort management will take the pictures. Somebody from management would be certain to not take any inappropriate pictures. A suggestion, have them take pool shots early in the morning, before there are people in the background.

This post was edited

As a responsible person, I too wish I could carry a camera along to take nature pics. I would love to be able to stroll through the woods taking nature shots, but I completely understand the threat of unwanted pictures being posted all over the net, especially childrens pictures.
Once again, the few idiots, jackasses, and pervs ruin it for the rest of us. Who says majority rules, the unwanted minority seem to be dictating the way things are. Maybe some good old fashioned self regulation would work, pull the pervs aside, beat the living snot out of them AND smash all their expensive equipment.

This post was edited

The suggested rules are good, as long as people follow standards like that pics are allowed at nude beach I go to. I have some pics on my profile that were taked there followiing the same policy. The group pic I took was only posted because I had the permission of the rest.

Since the beach is a county park on a lake and you have to be at least 18 to enter, it eliminates concern about anyone under 18 being photographed.

This post was edited

Bump and move to the top, please!

This post was edited

In the US, a model release is required for most pics used for monetary gain. The exception is pictures taken for a news event.

Concerning voting for candidate whose spouse modeled nude, it would not have any impact. I did not vote for our current president and don't plan to vote for him when he runs for reelection, even if his wife did model nude.

This post was edited

I have suggested elsewhere that the resorts and clubs have a special area for those that wish to take photos.
Splendid idea!!

This post was edited

There have been cases in the past at resorts, of pervs using long lenses to photograph nude children from their trailer, camper, or tent.
Aren't the pervs going to do this regardless of the rules? If one shoting from a camper or tent, there is no way to police that since the camera naver sees the light of day otside of the camper or tent.

This post was edited

I am surprised by part of this. While I was stationed in Germany in the late 1970's some friends took pictures of their own children in a bath tub. The pictures (film back then, no digital) came back after being processed by a local shop with "Verbotten" (Forbidden) stamped across those pictures. Maybe standards have changed or maybe Germany was just different.

This post was edited