RE:What age were you when you truly became a nudie?

I'm assuming that by "nudie" you mean nudist?

I tried to live as a nudist as much as I could at the age of 14 but hadn't really bought into the philosophy at such an early age. While in the Navy from 18 to 22, I visited the nearest nude beach about 3 weekends a month when we were in port. I became obsessed with going and staying the entire day and sometimes overnight. Made some friends and began really learning about the philosophy. I took those experiences home with me and shared them with my gf/wife. When we married at 20, we decided then that we would live as nudists. It wasn't every day but every chance we had.

Our nudist life was hit and miss while I was in the Navy. Weekends and when I was on leave, we live it but when I went back to the ship, my wife reverted back to being clothed mostly. When she knew she would not be walked in on by her parents (we lived close by and they'd show up unannounced frequently), she'd remain naked all day. I was discharged, now 22, and home every day/night, our nudist life began full time and with a toddler. We've lived this way since then.

This post was edited

Its an interesting expression that I use "nudie". I use this to be non-delineated between nudist, naturist or any other tag used, and to me it simply defines somebody who choses nudity beyond the nudity associated with bathing and changing clothes.

I have come to learn that there is a wide church when it comes to nudity both in terms of practice and definitions.

I like to embrace everyone when I use "nudie" - from the person who 'goes nude' a couple of times a year on summer vacation to the person who lives nude all the time, and people with every other quantum of nude time in between, but the bottom line is that they chose to nudity.

This post was edited

when we stopped worrying about what other 'nudists' and 'naturists' were telling us. when their list of 'do's and don'ts" no longer concerned us. so maybe in our late 30's?

This post was edited

I like what you're saying here; I think that there's some common thinking in that the time when most people accept that they're a nudie is when they stop caring about what anybody says re nudity and their nudity...so, plausibly a person could be doing nude activities for a long time before they reach this point...

This post was edited

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues.I see it that way too.For me, I was 26. I had just returned from my first nude beach excursion; and was totally "sold" on it. What had led me to that trip was encounters with nudists throughout my life (I grew up in France) and the decision to finally go "find out for myself." And it had been eye-opening.So I came home, fresh from the experience of being socially naked; and asked myself why I was bothering to wear clothes at home when there was no real reason for it. I decided on the spot that I would be nude at home from there on out. It was more than just about being comfortable at home; it was about embracing a philosophy of being nude when practical. That decision would then lead to me seeking out like-minded individuals and being a part of the nudist community. But it all started from that simple philosophical idea.
I intended to be nude all the time at home when I retired, but the combination of an adult son still living home, a girlfriend of his that came for 3 months and stayed 3 years, his son spending much of the summer with us, and other visitors has limited my nude time,

This post was edited

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues.I see it that way too.For me, I was 26. I had just returned from my first nude beach excursion; and was totally "sold" on it. What had led me to that trip was encounters with nudists throughout my life (I grew up in France) and the decision to finally go "find out for myself." And it had been eye-opening.So I came home, fresh from the experience of being socially naked; and asked myself why I was bothering to wear clothes at home when there was no real reason for it. I decided on the spot that I would be nude at home from there on out. It was more than just about being comfortable at home; it was about embracing a philosophy of being nude when practical. That decision would then lead to me seeking out like-minded individuals and being a part of the nudist community. But it all started from that simple philosophical idea.

Someone on another board took always being nude at home to the next level. When he and his (male) partner retired, they decided that the minimal amount of clothing that they needed would fit in the laundry room. They put it there, got rid of their closets and dressers and made a pact that no clothing would ever be in the rest of the house, worn or stored.

This post was edited

Great question! I knew I loved being nude in my early twenties. At that age I would have loved to participate in nude events and activities. Unfortunately, most of the venues required a female partner to participate, so I could not attend.

Finally, when I was in my thirties, I met some like minded people who loved being nude as much as I did and I entered a whole new world of naked activities. My nudist friends are wonderful and I have rarely met a fellow nudist that I didn't find to be a good person.

This post was edited

My parents were already parents when I was born, so I guess I've always been one.

This post was edited

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues.I see it that way too.For me, I was 26. I had just returned from my first nude beach excursion; and was totally "sold" on it. What had led me to that trip was encounters with nudists throughout my life (I grew up in France) and the decision to finally go "find out for myself." And it had been eye-opening.So I came home, fresh from the experience of being socially naked; and asked myself why I was bothering to wear clothes at home when there was no real reason for it. I decided on the spot that I would be nude at home from there on out. It was more than just about being comfortable at home; it was about embracing a philosophy of being nude when practical. That decision would then lead to me seeking out like-minded individuals and being a part of the nudist community. But it all started from that simple philosophical idea.Someone on another board took always being nude at home to the next level. When he and his (male) partner retired, they decided that the minimal amount of clothing that they needed would fit in the laundry room. They put it there, got rid of their closets and dressers and made a pact that no clothing would ever be in the rest of the house, worn or stored.
By the way, that same couple later moved to the Canary Islands and found clothing was rarely needed. Many places were tolerant of nudity, including some that were not officially clothing optional. In most others, a small wrap was sufficient. The last time he posted, his clothing supply consisted of one each of kilt, jeans, shorts, hoodie and poncho, one pair of sandals and a few wraps and t shirts. He said that he hadn't worn the jeans or shorts in over two years and was only keeping them in case they decided to travel off the island!

This post was edited