What age were you when you truly became a nudie?

Now I know that we were all born a nudie, and this includes even those who profess to being a non-nudie. However, I do not believe that being born naked is what influences us to be a nudie.

Essentially what influences us to be a nudie is a profound event, whether we recognise it or not, that influences your thinking and you shed your clothing to then feel the physical benefits that feed back to your psyche. Its that magic cycle of sensing through your skin the sun, sea, wind, snow or rain and then how that feeds back to the feeling of 'freedom whilst vulnerable' or simply defying community norms that makes us want to be naked and do the old sleep, eat, pray, rinse repeat cycle.

Given this dynamic then its obvious that the desire to be nude comes first, and that usually has some inspiration. For me it was seeing adults partying in the late 70's and hopping in the pool naked together. After the inspiration comes the self-dare or peer type dare and before you know it your naked often and loving life and just being yourself.

So this mix of inspiration, dare, sensing and psyche development can happen at any age, right?

Well I beg to differ after talking with many of you here. There seems to be a 'book-end' dominance to the age people are when they truly became a nudie. At one end you have the 'kid' experience like myself and at the other end there's the over 45 years old, where freedom and a life of commitment is finally released and you can be yourself.

I know many will say oh I was 28 and married a wonderful nudie who introduced me to nudism. But what I am talking about here, and this is one for the statisticians, is that the nudie community has an inverse bell curve. Instead of curving upwards and the average age of becoming a nudie sitting around say 35 and with very little skew to younger or older, we in fact have less people discovering they are truly a nudie around that age.

Prove me wrong - tell me what age were you when you truly became a nudie? now be honest!

This topic was edited
RE:What age were you when you truly became a nudie?

I was 14 when I started getting naked when home alone but I can't say that I was truly comfortable with it until I was 59. It always felt a bit naughty when I was younger. Other than with my wife or in change rooms, I still haven't been naked with other people.

This post was edited

Although nudity appealed to me at an early age, I was late getting into it.
I would be nude at home on occasion before the children arrived, but often had ulterior motives for doing so.
When I was in my mid 30's we bought a house with a pool so I would swim nude at night (not much privacy)
Sleeping nude almost every night, visiting nude beaches occasionally and spending time nude at home when it was just my wife and I followed shortly thereafter.

When I retired at 62, we got a privacy fence around the pool. I now am generally nude in the pool and house and on the deck unless we have company.

This post was edited

Statistics would be difficult to nail down on this subject.

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues. I imagine that many of us came to be nudists for reasons not so far from our base emotions; that it feels good and why not, others because of the pure sensuousness of the act, still others who began for sexual reasons. I'll say it's complicated for most everyone, except for the bare minority who were raised by parents who preferred the nudism lifestyle. They are the luckiest of souls.

I'm going to pinpoint my moment of grand nudiditification coming forward in my mind to the spring of 2004, while living in California, finding the first nude beach where I got to encounter others without clothes in a social setting, realizing that this was something special, and that all I wanted was more MORE MORE!!! So that means I was 44 years old, by the calendar. But then I also feel as though many parts of being a nudist tends to in some respects reverse the chronological aging process, as I don't feel very old sometimes when I'm frolicking in the pool with others, playing like a little kid again instead of a man of sixty-something. Then I get home and feel the aches and chronologically the body does give a reminder to the mind. I can live with that.

This post was edited

Some standards would suggest that I am yet to become truly a nudist. While I enjoy being naked and am more likely to shed my clothes when I am alone, I would love the opportunity to have a nearby beach or better yet a yard where I did not have to put something on to go outside.
I sleep nude and usually do not get dressed until I have to go out and once dressed, I will stay that way until I go to bed again.
I got my first real nudist experience as a college student taking swimming for PE. It was an all male class and suits were not worn. I took that love of being nude in the water to the lake on a rather private beach and as I grew older gradually spent more nude time. If one was much closer, I would be at the WNBR. I can't see driving five hours to protest the use of fossil fuels. If I were in Seattle for the solstice, I would enter the parade, and if a non-landed club were to be formed in my area, I would consider joining. I am certainly not a die hard, but I do enjoy the time I spend in my birthday suit.

This post was edited

My first "Out in Public" nudist experience was at Hippie Hollow outside of Austin TX on Lake Travis at age 24 in 1987. Prior to that, I was a "Home Nudist". I wish there was a "Hippie Hollow" type place near me now (St Louis Metro area).

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Some standards would suggest that I am yet to become truly a nudist. While I enjoy being naked and am more likely to shed my clothes when I am alone, I would love the opportunity to have a nearby beach or better yet a yard where I did not have to put something on to go outside.I sleep nude and usually do not get dressed until I have to go out and once dressed, I will stay that way until I go to bed again.I got my first real nudist experience as a college student taking swimming for PE. It was an all male class and suits were not worn. I took that love of being nude in the water to the lake on a rather private beach and as I grew older gradually spent more nude time. If one was much closer, I would be at the WNBR. I can't see driving five hours to protest the use of fossil fuels. If I were in Seattle for the solstice, I would enter the parade, and if a non-landed club were to be formed in my area, I would consider joining. I am certainly not a die hard, but I do enjoy the time I spend in my birthday suit.

Since you live in a relatively rural area, aren't many things rather far away?

This post was edited

That's how I started too. At 13-14 YO I started coming home from school hours before my parents who both worked got home and started stripping naked and walking around the apartment that way until I saw one of them coming down the street. We lived on the third floor in an apartment building and we had a big bay window where I would sit or lay on the back of the sofa that faced the window. I would look up and down the block and could see my Mom getting off the bus at the corner or my Dad driving down the street which gave me plenty of time to get dressed again.

At some point I started going up and down the front and back stairs naked as far as the front porch or the basement. If they went out in the evenings or on a weekend, I was bold enough to go outside naked as far as the back alley gate or the gangway between buildings. The people who lived right below us were an elderly couple we rarely saw and the landlady lived on the first floor but she was a widow and went out a lot.

I took every opportunity after that to be naked at home and as I got older in High School spent time after school walking around naked in the woods until going away to College.

Now I go around nude at home and in the yard all the time and most of the time go out in minimal clothing to run errands or go shopping.

This post was edited

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues.

I see it that way too.

For me, I was 26. I had just returned from my first nude beach excursion; and was totally "sold" on it. What had led me to that trip was encounters with nudists throughout my life (I grew up in France) and the decision to finally go "find out for myself." And it had been eye-opening.

So I came home, fresh from the experience of being socially naked; and asked myself why I was bothering to wear clothes at home when there was no real reason for it. I decided on the spot that I would be nude at home from there on out. It was more than just about being comfortable at home; it was about embracing a philosophy of being nude when practical. That decision would then lead to me seeking out like-minded individuals and being a part of the nudist community. But it all started from that simple philosophical idea.

This post was edited

Using the term 'Truly' to me means you're looking for that moment when it came up in your mind that there seems to be little use for clothes besides for weather-related issues.I see it that way too.For me, I was 26. I had just returned from my first nude beach excursion; and was totally "sold" on it. What had led me to that trip was encounters with nudists throughout my life (I grew up in France) and the decision to finally go "find out for myself." And it had been eye-opening.So I came home, fresh from the experience of being socially naked; and asked myself why I was bothering to wear clothes at home when there was no real reason for it. I decided on the spot that I would be nude at home from there on out. It was more than just about being comfortable at home; it was about embracing a philosophy of being nude when practical. That decision would then lead to me seeking out like-minded individuals and being a part of the nudist community. But it all started from that simple philosophical idea.

Were you living with anyone at the time?
If so how did they react?

This post was edited

Some standards would suggest that I am yet to become truly a nudist. While I enjoy being naked and am more likely to shed my clothes when I am alone, I would love the opportunity to have a nearby beach or better yet a yard where I did not have to put something on to go outside.I sleep nude and usually do not get dressed until I have to go out and once dressed, I will stay that way until I go to bed again.I got my first real nudist experience as a college student taking swimming for PE. It was an all male class and suits were not worn. I took that love of being nude in the water to the lake on a rather private beach and as I grew older gradually spent more nude time. If one was much closer, I would be at the WNBR. I can't see driving five hours to protest the use of fossil fuels. If I were in Seattle for the solstice, I would enter the parade, and if a non-landed club were to be formed in my area, I would consider joining. I am certainly not a die hard, but I do enjoy the time I spend in my birthday suit.Since you live in a relatively rural area, aren't many things rather far away?

Yes, it is a hundred miles or more in any direction for shopping beyond Walmart and thirty-five to fifty for a new car dealership. There are a lot of places in the forests to be illegally nude as well as beaches on Lake Superior where you can isolate yourself. There is always a chance of discovery though.

This post was edited