Recieving comments on your equipment

On another platform I recieved a message from someone out of the blue saying:
"Big penis man xx ".

I asked him how I was supposed to answer to that and he insisted then and later on that it was a compliment.

I do not agree. I think that is stating something or commenting. So just because someone tells me that I have a big penis I'm supposed to... Thank them?

Am I confused or ungrateful even or does someone recognise this situation?

This topic was edited
RE:Recieving comments on your equipment

On the very few occasions when I have had comments in person I have dismissed them but when they are comments on my uploaded pictures I feel flattered.

This post was edited

Ok I see. I don't feel flattered. It's just like if someone would say "Big feet bro". To meet that with a flattered reaction is just beyond me.
But I'm going to try that with my friends. Instead of saying that their hair is nice or dress looks good I'll go with,,
"You have shoulders", "Your nails are long", "Your legs are skinny" etc.

I'll report back with the result. But I guess it'll just leave them confused and wondering how to respond.

This post was edited

I think you need to keep in mind how the comment was intended.
I've no doubt it was intended as a compliment to you and the person making the comment was impressed by what he saw.
If you're going to assume the comment was made to somehow insult or hurt you, it's of course going to feel like something negative, so it's really about your own attitude and interpretation of the comment how you're going to feel about it.

This post was edited

I get comments all the time, but they are generally about my tattooed penis. Recently a guy said, wow is that real? I said, my dick or the tattoo! LOL

This post was edited

On another platform I recieved a message from someone out of the blue saying:"Big penis man xx ".I asked him how I was supposed to answer to that and he insisted then and later on that it was a compliment.I do not agree. I think that is stating something or commenting. So just because someone tells me that I have a big penis I'm supposed to... Thank them?Am I confused or ungrateful even or does someone recognise this situation?

It's only different in that a compliment or comment given about something you chose is generally more flattering, "Cool shoes!" or "Nice shirt", involves your personal taste and preference, so it is more meaningful. You had to choose those shoes or that shirt because it appealed to your personal taste, so a compliment about clothing is actually a compliment about your taste. When referring to height or body parts, these are just results of your birth, happenstance, so it means a lot less when people compliment these aspects because you really had nothing to do with it. Take it as you do any other compliment knowing that it warrants no deeper investigation. The source is the same anyway, they saw something they liked and they let you know, how you take it is on you. I just say "Thanks", give a thumbs up and move along. As it has been mentioned, these comments almost exclusively happen online, so you shouldn't be taking the comments you read on the internet very seriously anyway.

This post was edited

You can say something like, "it's all relative".

This post was edited

Take it as it was intended, as a compliment. No need to explore the deeper meaning that may or may not be intended.

This post was edited

Damn, am I the only guy on here who doesn't get this comment, haha!
Well, I agree with what's been said so far. The person obviously wasn't trying to insult you. Just take it for what it is and move on.

This post was edited

I agree with swimdoc. Its a compliment. I get compliments on my body and tattoos all the time and my huge balls. No offense taken. If a dude compliments you just say thank you and no need to carry on the convo. Now If its attached with a sexual innuendo then obviously thats a different convo.

This post was edited

What a well thought out and well worded comment a few hours ago from Vanilla. Lotta wisdom there.

This post was edited