RE:Sexual Preference

Most users - homeclothesfree included - identify themselves as straight on their profiles. May we assume that such users are, therefore, on here as heterosexual horndogs? I didn't think so. So kindly return the favor to those of us who identify as gay.

RESPECT

This post was edited

I started the thread and it is not an issue for me either.I engage in conversations with men on this site without considering their sexual preference.Doesn't make a difference if I am conversing with someone in person either.I was just curious because there seems to be a much higher proportion of gay men on nudist sites than in the population as a whole and wondered if anyone had an idea as to why,Hetro men join a naturist site in the hope of seeing naked women and not because they are naturists.I imagine its the same with gay men.

I joined to discuss nudist topics with other nudists, not to see naked people.
I also belong to 3 other nudists sites that have essentially no pictures.

This post was edited

Help me understand why you think a person making an observation about nude diversity needs to be avoided. @gamercubano

This post was edited

Men probably are more inclined to follow their curiosity and feelings. Straight guys are very much able to appreciate the male body and still mention 'Straight' in their profile. Some are 'Bi-curious', which doesn't mean that their sexual preference is to be with guys; it just means that they're not uncomfortable with guys. And some might even want to explore... following their curiosity. Personally, I dont think in categories. I admire everyone who is not afraid to follow his feelings. There's no need to put a label on it. If a straight guy wants to experiment with another guy, that doesn't make him bi or gay to me. Just brave to not let conventions bother him. I suspect many more men want to experiment, but don't have the courage. My opinion is to not judge, just embrace everyone who is not afraid to explore.

This post was edited

Men probably are more inclined to follow their curiosity and feelings...Personally, I dont think in categories. I admire everyone who is not afraid to follow his feelings. There's no need to put a label on it....My opinion is to not judge, just embrace everyone who is not afraid to explore.

Well spoken! Labels are great for things in the grocery store, and barcodes help us scan for quicker processing. However people aren't made for logistical efficiency. Labels avoid that and something gets lost in how we see reality. Our focus needs to stay on what's inside.

I've read studies about how the U.S. gay community (primarily young white gay men) have been the key factor over decades in moving into urban neighborhoods to start regentrification. In addition, I don't think we'd have such societal trends as "bromance" and "male bonding" readily accepted by the heteronormative world without the pioneering societal work of the LGTQA+ community. I have a lot of gratitude for all those who make the world a more open place than when I was a kid.

As far as sexual preference, I question the value of "figuring it all out." Sure it plays an important role to sustain our human population, but how important is it beyond that? Once respect regarding sexual behaviors and preference becomes the norm, I'm sure we'll likely find new ways to divide and conquer people in new ways. By the way, did you hear about that group that only uses their left hands to wipe their asses? Shocking!

This post was edited