RE:Study suggests non sexual social nudity boosts sex life

Love the opinions. Agree with most all. This is what I like about this site.

This post was edited

The other good point demonstrated here is that there is research basis for the ideas promulgated and how they can support the various nuances of nudity listed. No one is or should have the exact same approach to the topic but all should be within a reasonable distribution. It makes for a deeper delve into the material.

This post was edited

"Social nudity and just being naked [in] public are different in my opinion."

The difference between social nudity and being naked in public is almost like the difference between playing on a team and sitting in the stands as a spectator. The first is active participation with intentional involvement as part of a group and the second is often detached, recreational and circumstantial.

People in groups including social nudism have a tribal code of expected behavior, dress/adornment, activities, gender balance and other rules and guidelines. Some on this site argue these standard needs to be well-defined and strictly enforced in order for healthy social nudity to survive. My question has been how can it survive if it excludes children, youth and young adults who are discriminated against by gender or the proclivities of private club property owners?

By definition, a playing field is only so large and team members need to be excluded. For that reason, we need a variety of intentional public nudity venues for social nudism to survive. I've been to Haulover years ago and was fortunate enough to experience Hippie Hollow this year. Having been frozen out by the gatekeeper of landed resort nudism here in the Midwest US, it felt wonderful to arrive at a place where I could just pay a small entrance fee, enter without undergoing a criminal check or showing my personal identification or children's birth certificates and be myself with my skin interacting with the fresh air, sunshine and water directly. I was also surprised how calm and friendly others there were; social interaction flowed freely and spontaneously. Amazingly, it was also free of inappropriate sexual behaviors or even gawking. But then again, a middle aged man like me is typically not the target of gawking, and I wasn't going to approach random women there and ask if they were often approached by strangers like me.

It makes perfect sense that non sexual social nudity boosts sex life. I just wish I had the opportunity to practice it without having to fly across the country.

This post was edited

These days are many perspectives on nudity in general some nuanced some not. Perspectives on social nudity are a subset of that and perspectives on nudism/naturism are a subset of that.

The original post covered research on non sexual social nudity and its impact on the sexual life of people who practice non sexual social nudity. Of course research can be cherry picked though psychology today is recognized magazine in the psychology community and they said

A recent study is the first unbiased investigation of the effects of nonsexual public nakedness.

If there is research of the same rigor that shows a contrasting perspective I hope is shared. That way we can have a reasonable conversation based on more than individual opinions. Part of the problem with the growth of naturism and nudism today is personal individual views and opinions on the subject drive the discussion more than research or actual facts. For example.

My question has been how can it survive if it excludes children, youth and young adults who are discriminated against by gender or the proclivities of private club property owners?

One persons experience without a clear timeframe and context used to make generalizations that may not be accurate.

This post was edited

6) Without children/new generations to redefine themselves, social groups and gatherings tend to naturally age out..

This is absolute nonsense, our experience is that the majority of new naturists are empty nesters, who are having holidays for the first time without the kids, the number of parents introducing children to naturism is minuscule.

Check out the ages and/or parental status of the first time posters on here who say they are new to naturism.

Andy, just because you have kids and have been refused entry to a nudist club does not make it the norm, nor does it mean that because you say so, nudism Is dying.

You may not like it, but other people are enjoying naturism, despite the bad experiences you have had.

This post was edited

How was Valley View not a good fit?Too rustic?Nudity required?Something else?

I found Valley View too placid back yard suburban. I like rustic hiking and camping and having more space to hike on, so going for power hikes just in shorts (ugh) at a big state park is better for my restlessness. There was a small swimming pool to cool off in and people would silently bob in it with about 20 foam noodles in between their legs. As a visitor I found it hard to talk with people, maybe it was a generational gap. That was 25 years ago and I haven't been back since.

This post was edited

Ignore the obvious focus on the abnormal.

This post was edited

How was Valley View not a good fit?Too rustic?Nudity required?Something else?I found Valley View too placid back yard suburban. I like rustic hiking and camping and having more space to hike on, so going for power hikes just in shorts (ugh) at a big state park is better for my restlessness. There was a small swimming pool to cool off in and people would silently bob in it with about 20 foam noodles in between their legs. As a visitor I found it hard to talk with people, maybe it was a generational gap. That was 25 years ago and I haven't been back since.

Even though it advertises as a rustic site and has few cabins and mostly campsites?
I do see what you mean about the pool since it is the size of a reasonably large home backyard pool.
Maybe now that you are almost a generation older it might be a better fit.

This post was edited

Well I went back and read the article and found it interesting and it made sense.

Thanks for making the effort. I wonder if most of the commenters bothered to even read the article before commenting.

This post was edited