Cats!

Seriously. Cats at home. Anybody else covered with scratches? Hard to explain to my doctor when I get a checkup why I have scars on my thighs and shoulders... cats .

This topic was edited
RE:Cats!

Seriously. Cats at home. Anybody else covered with scratches? Hard to explain to my doctor when I get a checkup why I have scars on my thighs and shoulders... cats .

Quite timely of you to bring up cats. I have about 8 nameless black barn cats. I do feed them the cheap stuff. Their domain is outside
and they tolerate me to put food in their bowl. But here lately they have been getting more aggressive waiting at the kitchen door. The resulting melee of cats underfoot as I step out, often nude is chaos. One of the kittens ended up inside and was immeditatly in freak out mode trying to get back out. It could see out but not get thru the glass. It tore around the house, luckily not breaking anything. . I tried to chase it out , while nude myself thinking that i should put long sleeves and gloves on. But then it went into hiding. a day and half with only a glimpse or two. It took me having the neighbor stop by to help before we found it and cornered it in the shower where i forced it into a trash can with an atlas on top and got it back outside. I was clothed for the neighbor visit and did only get one minor scratch on my finger out of the ordeal.
I have taken to taking the food out the front door and around to the side kitchen door where the cats await. So far they have not discovered the my route so they are not bunching at the front door.

This post was edited

Lol...I too have scratched in the strangest places. I'm usually naked at home and with 8 overly loving cats in the house, bound to be scratched up. What's a guy to do. Glad my partner, Jon, knows where the scratches are coming from :) They are outside cat's at our complex that have been sick or injured this summer. All been to the vet and fine now. Be clad when it's spring and they can go back outside so they can play and do their hunting.

This post was edited

I sometimes have that problem with raccoons and opossums, and once a fox. I just leave the door open, they look around, eat the remaining cat food in the bowls and then leave. I usually have food for the wild children outside. Recently I installed a cat "window" so the indoor cats cat go in and out.
I am in a wheelchair, so having cats jump onto my bare thighs can be a pai . I just recently bought a bartender apron to wear at feeding time.

This post was edited

My cat is a lap cat, but he wont get in a lap that is bare, hell jump up on the sofa, see Im nude, and curl up begrudgingly next to me. So generally I put on a pair of jeans when its sofa time. The cat has me trained

This post was edited

We have 7 indoor cats. One will scratch if I don't watch where I put my hand. Otherwise, he's very loving and likes to be around me. The other cats in the house don't like him for some reason. But they do get along with the latest addition, a calico female kitten. She'll play with all the cats.

This post was edited

That's cool, we currently have 3 cats, a male, and 2 females as well as 2 female dogs. They do all get along fortunately.

This post was edited