I blogged that this would happen re NYE

So a week ago and just before NYE I blogged about the 'accidental nudists' in society - those folks who after much drinking become a nudist on that one day in the year (or for the only time in their life)...and how this is not good for the nudie community.

Well take a look at these fools and what they did in Byron Bay: https://au.news.yahoo.com/nude-intruders-filmed-in-x-rated-act-after-breaking-into-aussie-mansion-022758429.html

Now I'm able to understand a dare and even one that may see me in my neighbours pool late at night, and nude. But to vandalise somebody else's property - seriously what were these turds thinking? They managed to break a A$10,000 statue and a heap of other damages.

Sadly the media seems really focussed on the nudity. Well its kind of obvious that these idiots were naked at the time of their stupidity, so I am not sure why the media has to continually emphasise the nudity - even the home owner said he'd forgive just a skinny dip...

Things have to change folks!

This topic was edited
RE:I blogged that this would happen re NYE

Sadly as long as nudists and nudism is defined as the state or condition of nakedness the media will pick up on that and sensational the actions of people who are not really nudist be happen to be naked in the press.

This post was edited

In the most simple terms, it is better *click* bait. Since the early days of media, publishers & producers have studied ways to get more or even better attention. Any mention of nudity equates to sex equates to more viewership equates to more advertising revenue. As long as there are humans reviewing the current events in whatever media format exists, its, sadly, going to happen.

This post was edited

In the most simple terms, it is better *click* bait. Since the early days of media, publishers & producers have studied ways to get more or even better attention. Any mention of nudity equates to sex equates to more viewership equates to more advertising revenue. As long as there are humans reviewing the current events in whatever media format exists, its, sadly, going to happen.

I agree with you in that nudity is seemingly a ratings silver bullet for news broadcasting.

However these very high end properties in Byron Bay are not only home to folks like Chris Hemsworth but are also subject of a TV show about their value. So even if these fools were clothed this would have made news here.

Still so damn annoying that the nudity is taking centre stage over their vandalism

This post was edited