Leaving a Group

I was reviewing my groups to see if there were any that I should leave due to a change in interest or lack of activity.
I found two inactive groups that say my memberhip is pending.
Does anyone know how to withdraw a pending request to join a group?

This topic was edited
RE:Leaving a Group

Is it that they don't care, or don't have the time? I am sure people create groups at the drop of a hat, often a duplicate of another, and then abandon them.

This post was edited

I had the same problem so tried reaching out to the group owner but with no luck. It seems there's no way to 'leave' a group while your membership is pending. Ideally inactive groups should be purged after a certain time but I doubt the owners of TN care enough to to do anything about it sadly.
And inactive members should be purged at some point also.

This post was edited

I have been awarded custody (LOL) of a group here on TN after the original moderator did not log on for over five years. The membership was a little bloated with people who have not logged on in years and never contributed to the group. Those folks dont need to stay; the membership is now down by about 200 and participation & posting is picking up. We will get there eventually. And, yes, they were able to successfully leave the group.

This post was edited

I have been awarded custody (LOL) of a group here on TN after the original moderator did not log on for over five years. The membership was a little bloated with people who have not logged on in years and never contributed to the group. Those folks dont need to stay; the membership is now down by about 200 and participation & posting is picking up. We will get there eventually. And, yes, they were able to successfully leave the group.

I have requested to take over a private group that I cannot even join because the moderator hasnt logged on for a long time. Ive made 3 requests with no response. Im wondering if this site is a shell with no management. Although I know someone is out there deleting lots of pics.

This post was edited

Dont give up as it took several many weeks to get a reply and more weeks after I was essentially made co-moderator. It is not an easy task as many folks are there just to add groups. It is bad when someone belongs to 200+ groups, collects 300+ friends and is nothing but dead weight to the entire site. Good luck with your efforts and happy purging!!

This post was edited