2023 WNBR Rides

I am in the early stages of figuring out which WNBR rides to do this summer. Probably only going to do somewhere between 3-5 of them this year as opposed to the 8 rides in 7 cities I did last summer. I am going to try to do rides in cities that I have not done before since my bucket list is to do every ride in the U.S. and most of them in Canada. So far I have done New Orleans (2019 & 2021) Montreal (2019 and 2 rides in 2022) Philadelphia (2019 &2022) Austin TX (2022), Madison and Milwaukee WI (2022) Chicago (2022) St. Louis, MO (2022). While I may do a repeat or 2, I really want to do someplace new. Since a lot of the rides have not announced the dates yet, this will be an ongoing process.
If anyone has attended any of the rides or has any info on them, especially in the east and Midwest I would be interested in any info or your experience with the ride. I may do a west coast ride or maybe even 2 if they are a week apart if I can work out the logistics.

This topic was edited
RE:2023 WNBR Rides

Portland, OR is the biggest WNBR, from what I understand. Highly recommend. They have ~10K people participate each year, and it's a blast! It's en evening ride, which can sometimes be chilly. But the ride gathers in a park, it's a fun scene. Ride goes thru the city, and a lot of people come out to watch... some of them naked even. The ride ends at an industrial area near the river for a big dance party. Some nearby bars will have naked parties as well. This is usually scheduled late June.

Seattle also does a Solstice Ride... they don't call it a WNBR, but it's a chance to ride naked in Seattle. That's in the daytime on the summer solstice.

This post was edited

I have done Portland Oregons WNBR five times. Its the worlds largest and tremendous fun. Highly recommend.

This post was edited

London also claims to be the largest.

This post was edited

Ive never done a WNBR - but I hope to do at least Philadelphia in August. I might try to do Montpelier, VT in June. That has the appeal of also being on my birthday! I just need to figure out how to get me and my bike up there. Its sad and unfortunate that NYC , or any of the Upstate NY towns dont have WNBR dates.

This post was edited

Ive never done a WNBR - but I hope to do at least Philadelphia in August. I might try to do Montpelier, VT in June. That has the appeal of also being on my birthday! I just need to figure out how to get me and my bike up there. Its sad and unfortunate that NYC , or any of the Upstate NY towns dont have WNBR dates.

Philly is one of the larger ones and draws a lot of spectators. I know 3 people on TN and 1 from my town who did it last year.

This post was edited

So far I have 2 rides scheduled. Buffalo 7/22/23 and Houston 9/9/23. I am still waiting for other dates to be announced, and would like to do rides that I have not done before. I may do a repeat ride or 2 but that is not a priority. 2 of the ones I am thinking of are Boston and Columbus. I would appreciate any information on either of these by someone that has participated or better yet is involved in the organization of them

This post was edited

So far I have 2 rides scheduled. Buffalo 7/22/23 and Houston 9/9/23. I am still waiting for other dates to be announced, and would like to do rides that I have not done before. I may do a repeat ride or 2 but that is not a priority. 2 of the ones I am thinking of are Boston and Columbus. I would appreciate any information on either of these by someone that has participated or better yet is involved in the organization of them

Are you doing the Houston WNBR tomorrow?

This post was edited

Did not end up going. I have been having issues with my left leg, the same one I almost lost a few years ago due to a severe infection. No swelling or anything like that, but it does cramp up. It started cramping up on my drive home from Daytona, so if a 2 hour drive after a lot of walking caused problems a 16 hour drive would have probably been a problem. If I would have had 1 0r 2 people to go with me to share the driving I may have gone. So, it looks like just 2 rides this year. Hope to do a few more next year, Toronto is already on the list.

This post was edited

Did not end up going. I have been having issues with my left leg, the same one I almost lost a few years ago due to a severe infection. No swelling or anything like that, but it does cramp up. It started cramping up on my drive home from Daytona, so if a 2 hour drive after a lot of walking caused problems a 16 hour drive would have probably been a problem. If I would have had 1 0r 2 people to go with me to share the driving I may have gone. So, it looks like just 2 rides this year. Hope to do a few more next year, Toronto is already on the list.

Sorry to hear about your leg issues.
How was your trip to Daytona otherwise?
Did you get to Playalinda and Appollo beaches?
If you were going to carpool to a WNBR, would you expect the other passengers/drivers to accept that you would be nude in the car?
Is Toronto in addition to or instead of Buffalo?
Consider Philly, ranked #2 in the country and a lot closer than Portland, OR.

This post was edited