Visiting Magic Circle

Hi all,
I may be able to pull off a visit this coming week and wanted to confirm my understanding that spending even a night or two at Magic Circle will require purchasing the $40 short term permit since Magic Circle is within the LTVA. Is this correct?
While I'm here can anyone suggest other BLM or similar areas where it's ok to recreate nude on a camping trip? I'll be coming from CA and driving through Palm Springs. Thanks in advance!

David

This topic was edited
RE:Visiting Magic Circle

If you're in California, you might be interested in this:

The River Dippers, our local non-landed club in Sacramento, is currently contemplating a camping and social event at Laguna del Sol. It will be either on the first or second weekend in June. People will make their own reservations, but I'm asking that you specify "the River Dippers area" when you reserve your camping space.

Day trippers will also be welcome, but, like the campers, you'll have to pay the usual day rate.

As plans firm up, we may include a potluck.

If you're interested, please let me know which weekend works better for you.

Please note that it's not a free event: you'll have to pay camping and day use rates if you want to attend.

This post was edited

This is probably late as the season ends today, but about camping in the Magic Circle requires you to have a fully self contained RV and purchase of a seasonal permit ($180) of bi-weekly permits for $40 for each 2 week period. I know people come in on day visits and people get away with unapproved camp setups but it is not supposed to be permitted. There are no restrooms around the MC. BLM sort of watches the entrances and you are supposed to have the LTVA stickers displayed on your vehicle window. Regulars at the MC look out and police more than any other boondocking location I've been to. It is more like a community. One of the best things about the MC when I stayed was getting to know your neighbors, most everyone was friendly and looked out for each other. The feeling of security being able to leave your RV and not worry about anything.

This post was edited

Thank you for chiming in with this information. I did in fact get to visit Quartzsite about a month and a half ago and was excited to spend a day at the Magic Circle where I had hoped to go on a long, naked walk on the trails. Unfortunately the weather was terrible for outdoor nudism - cold and windy, and I didn't stay. My quest for nudist-friendly public lands continues and I may take my next camper van trip to the Palm Springs area in the next week or so.

This post was edited