Good Reads

Does anyone else use this site to track the number of books they read? According to it, I read 44 books last year and 228 books since joining a few years ago.

This topic was edited
RE:Good Reads

Although I'm signed up, I generally don't check in to it. I just did, and it shows I read 60 books in 2022, that goodreads knows about. I'm surprised - that's more than one a week, and I didn't think I was reading that much. Since I also read physical books, magazines, and ebooks from other sources like Project Gutenberg, that number will be a minimum rather than a maximum. I suppose I should check around that site to see if there's anything of interest besides the personal stats.

This post was edited

Its automatically linked to my kindle account but I have to add the other physical books. Its a nice way to keep track of my reading habits even though its just more data points about me.

This post was edited

I keep track of books read in a very old fashioned way. In 1977 while a sophmore in high school my English teacher Mrs Hoatson encouraged us to keep track of what we read for extra credit in her class. Now 46 years later still hand written on line 8.5x11" paper the list goes on. The stack is about 3/4" thick with an overall average of 50 some books a year. Name of book , author, number of pages and date finished.

This post was edited

I use it all the time for capturing books I want to read (or at least investigate), list books I have read, and to post reviews. The forums and comunity-sourced quotes are a great resource to booklovers. I am a fan of the site and have had books added on request.

This post was edited

It's a lot but I think COVID helped get me into a better habit of reading rather than watching tv. Plus the number of books is just a number and to me that can be a 50 page book or a 50K page book...the book would be counted as one book. It's more of a personal motivation for me...I do like the idea of tracking offline...not sure a 3x5 card or on paper is what I will swing toward but I may look into it.

This post was edited