Weather related nudity.

Here in Indiana we have been warned for a couple of days that this afternoon conditions would be ripe for severe weather. Thunderstorms, hail, high winds, even tornadoes are possible. Do you put clothes on to ride out an afternoon long threat or do you figure " what the heck , the chances of being caught by a tornado with your pants down are pretty slim"
and ride it out in your birthday suit?

This topic was edited
RE:Weather related nudity.

Well I thought if the temperature gets that warm today might be my first naked hike of the season if I can time it right between storms. I dont want to be in an electrical storm. A warm rain on my naked body could Be refreshing!

This post was edited

I've been caught in a rain storm or showers several times. I just stay nude and make sure my clothing stays well covered. It is amazing the feeling of rain on your skin, it's so different than the water hitting your skin in the shower. Afterwards, depending on conditions, I'll either let nature (wind/sun) dry me off, or take towel to dry off some.

This post was edited

For weather events, except floods , people are generally encouraged to shelter in place, so there is no need for clothing.
The trickier situation is non weather catastrophes, like earthquakes and fires, which require a fast exit with little or no warning.
There have been numerous reports of people escaping a collapsing or burning building wrapped in a sheet or completely nude.

This post was edited

In my part of the country especially at this time of the year, a weather event will mean more snow. Not many of us fight that while nude. Thunderstorms happen and they can be snow or rain. Tornadoes are very rare. The occasional earthquake is so far away that most people do not notice. Most of the time we are clothed when outdoors because it is either too cold to nude and comfortable or we make too much of a target for biting insects. Mosquitoes can be bad. Flies are worse.

This post was edited

I get envious when I read about those that can go hiking nude in a warm rain.
Here is So. Cal. That just never happens.
However, when I think about the tornadoes and flooding that often accompany those same conditions, I will take the occasional earthquake anytime. And yes I have been through two major quakes that were centered just a few miles away. (1971 Sylmar quake, 6.6 and 1994 Northridge quake, 6.7)
Both these quakes occurred in the early morning and there were many reports of people running out of there home nude.
No, I was not one of them. I always have a robe and shoes next to my bed just in case of an earthquake.

This post was edited

I get envious when I read about those that can go hiking nude in a warm rain.Here is So. Cal. That just never happens.However, when I think about the tornadoes and flooding that often accompany those same conditions, I will take the occasional earthquake anytime. And yes I have been through two major quakes that were centered just a few miles away. (1971 Sylmar quake, 6.6 and 1994 Northridge quake, 6.7)Both these quakes occurred in the early morning and there were many reports of people running out of there home nude.No, I was not one of them. I always have a robe and shoes next to my bed just in case of an earthquake.

I have gym shorts next to my bed in case I have to make a quick exit.
Fine for summer, but would probably need to take a blanket also in winter.

This post was edited

No, I was not one of them. I always have a robe and shoes next to my bed just in case of an earthquake.I have gym shorts next to my bed in case I have to make a quick exit.Fine for summer, but would probably need to take a blanket also in winter.

Here the shoes are more important than anything else due to broken glass and other objects thrown onto the floor by the shaking.

This post was edited

No, I was not one of them. I always have a robe and shoes next to my bed just in case of an earthquake.I have gym shorts next to my bed in case I have to make a quick exit.Fine for summer, but would probably need to take a blanket also in winter.Here the shoes are more important than anything else due to broken glass and other objects thrown onto the floor by the shaking.

Earthquake risk is minimal where I live. Most likely need for a quick exit would be fire.

This post was edited

I love how this post started about weather events and migrated to earthquakes!

This post was edited

I love how this post started about weather events and migrated to earthquakes!

Since both are natural catastrophes that may require a quick exit, the migration is less than many others that are on this site!

This post was edited