Queensland's Noosa MP ponders CO options - a start?

https://www.sandybolton.com/alexandria-bay-noosa-national-park-april-2023/

Thanks to Vince for finding this.

Queenslanders may wish to get behind this thought to lobby for a relaxation Queensland's strict public nudity laws (i.e.: none!). At least there's a sympathetic voice in parliament!

This topic was edited
RE:Queensland's Noosa MP ponders CO options - a start?

Welcome Steve.
While it is about a beach in Qld, I believe we should all send a letter each!
I m drafting my letter, I ll post the open letter on here for people to copy/paste if they want and just add their details.

This beach MUST stay clothing optional and legalised as such!
Naturism has lost ground in past years because of so call lewd behaviour! We need to educate our pollies on what is naturism, and now that there is a sympathetic ear in Parliament as you noted ( Sandy Bolton) it is now or never we need to get their attention!
We need to show naturism has a real economical benefit for Qld as well as Australia, if only the proper legislation was passed on.
The naturism industry could bring billions of dollars on our shore and create thousands of job,
Unfortunately we cannot count on our current nudist associations or businesses to back us up, as they are too happy with the status quo, which give them control on the industry. Control they are afraid to lose if public nudity is legalised...they think they will lose members and their livelyhood...which is far from being the truth if we consider what has happened in other countries...feel free to check my blog for more details.
BROTHERS & SISTERS OF MATURISM, YOUR VOICE COUNT ( even if you are not in Qld)...follow the link and voice your support for Alexandria bay clothing optional beach!
https://www.sandybolton.com/alexandria-bay-noosa-national-park-april-2023/

This post was edited
RE:Queensland's Noosa MP ponders CO options - a start?

I've emailed Sandy (MP) and the other emails she mentioned.

This was my email...

Recently, one of the three clothing-optional (C-O) beaches near Melbourne was under threat of closure. I, along with many other members of the public (its important to remember that all users of C-O beaches are in fact members of the public) made submissions to the local authority, and happily the C-O status was retained and the many hundreds of men, women and children who use the beach can continue to do so.
One of the snippets of information I considered was the difference between Spain (not a radical country by any means) and Australia, in its attitude to C-O beaches. The eastern shore of Port Phillip is about 80km long, and has one C-O beach that was under threat. In a roughly equivalent 80km to the north of Barcelona there are 13 C-O beaches, including two or three in the city itself. Most major towns have a C-O beach.

Alexandria Bay is a stunning beach, and one that I have enjoyed without bathers, along with many others. Ive also done the Noosa National park walk that includes the beach, and was unaware of any lewd acts.

The fact (for it is a fact, no question) of what are quaintly termed lewd acts is in part a function of Australias general demand that nudity be denormalised, considered an aberration, and pushed to the margins. In the case of C-O beaches, making them remote. In Barcelona, for instance, the Barceloneta beach is open to all, is clearly visible from the boardwalk, and lewd acts simply do not occur. The community is its own police, if you like.

Indeed, making C-O beaches an accepted part of any urban or rural coastline would decrease the likelihood of these lewd acts, as the beaches would be used by nudist and non-nudists alike.

Considering Queenslands wonderful coastline, and knowing that the C-O beaches in NSW are simply the most beautiful in the world (my opinion of course), surely its time to relax the hyper-Victorian attitude a little and accept the C-O beaches are not in fact a threat to life as we know it.

This post was edited