Memorial Day Hike

Hey everyone, I am throwing this idea out for everyone to consider. I have Memorial Day weekend off, so my plans are to spend the day at the nude beach on the Westfield River in Cummington, Ma in the Berkshires. I will be staying over in Wilmington Vermont Saturday night and Sunday night. at an air B&B. I was thinking of doing a naked hike on either Sunday or Monday, or both, haven't picked any trails yet. The air B&B where I stay has 2 large rooms with 2 bunk beds in each, which are rented out at $45.00 a night. So I was thinking anyone who wanted to participate and had to travel, could stay here either 1 or 2 nights. There are a number of nice places in town to have dinner, some with entertainment on Sat night. Still a little early, and if we start the hike and find out there are too many black flies still out, we could switch to plan B and spend the day at the nude beach on the Harriman Reservoir, called the Ledges. So, if there are anyone interested, let me know.

This topic was edited
RE:Memorial Day Hike

I'd be up for a hike on Monday. If it's on, I would most likely drive over in the morning and meet you there. Any idea where you'd like to hike?

This post was edited

Sounds great, I can't this year but will consider next year.

This post was edited

haven't looked at any trails yet Naturist Soaker, you have any suggestions?

This post was edited

haven't looked at any trails yet Naturist Soaker, you have any suggestions?
Catamount Trail along the west edge of Harriman Reservoir is supposed to be nice - haven't been there in years and not sure of the development of the area. That same trail continues north and goes along the east edge of Somerset Reservoir - this one I did a couple of years ago, you can make it as long or as short as you like. The loop around Stratton Pond and Stratton Mountain is also recommended, though it can be crowded on weekends. It is likely that there will be plenty of textiles on any of those routes, in fact. These are all within fairly close range of Wilmington.

This post was edited

ok, so thinking about hiking into Little Pond either via a section of the Appalachian Trail (about 8 miles) or via the Little Pond Trail (about 5 miles). Trailhead is on rte 9 west of Wilmington, just east of Bennington. Can do either Sunday or Monday. Anyone interested? I will be staying in VT around the Wilmington area.

This post was edited

Yes, interested. I need to plan the weekend but should be able to get away on Monday

This post was edited

Reading descriptions in AllTrails, it seems the Long Trail would be a better option as the shorter one is mostly gravel road and starts where there are houses.

This post was edited

I agree Naturist Soaker. The problem i find with All Trails is the site does not show all the trails. We could either do the same route in and out, or when leaving the pond, we could take the Little Pond Trail a bit, then there is another trail that connects to some forest road east of Little Pond, we could spot cars, and that trail does not pass any houses.

This post was edited

It's your call as far as I'm concerned. Agreed, AllTrails does not show "all trails", despite the name. Still working on finalizing my schedule but it looks good for Monday, Memorial Day (celebrated).

This post was edited

Hike has been set, Monday 5/30 meet at 9:30 am at the trailhead parking lot on rte 9 15.5 miles west of Wilmington. We will hike a 5.1 section of the Appalachian Trail/Long Trail, and take a connecting trail to Little Pond where we will stop for lunch. After lunch we will return via the same trail, total distance about 10.2 miles. Three confirmed so far, myself, a friend, and naturistsoaker

This post was edited