Leaving Groups

Some of the groups on this site have seen no activity for several years (ever, in at least one case). Has anyone found a way of leaving a group, or are you in it permanently once you have joined? Colin

This topic was edited
RE:Leaving Groups

If you click on join and already belong to the group, it will ask if you want to leave. Click on yes and you will be out of the group.

This post was edited

No more illogical than clicking on start to get to the shut down option on a computer!

This post was edited

Having mistakenly asked for admission to a bunch of groups that are essentially ghost ships (my name for the groups where no one ever posts and the moderator seems to have headed for the dingy), they remain in limbo, offering that my entry is waiting for approval and I should be patient. What's a nudist to do?!?! Patience has its limits. So I don't dwell or swell on it; I maintain equilibrium and practice mindfulness. Better things to fret upon than the black holes inside a website left to the online version of The Walking Dead, a show I have never and will never waste my time with. Will that shit go on and end already?

How many walking zombies does it take for a TV show to outlive its entertainment quotient? One - the one with the remote in its dead hand. Now then, where did I leave my mindfulness hat, the one made of tin foil?

This post was edited

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it does not work if your application is "pending" because there is no one in the group to process it.

This post was edited

Yes this group is marked as public Caught Nude/Naked but you are unable to join as the group mod has left the site and their profile has been taken down.

This post was edited

Id like to bump this to refresh. I have groups pending where there is not a way to unfollow. How can we leave a group?
Also why do groups stay up when the moderator left years ago? I asked to take over an inactive group that Im interested in. No response from anyone.
People make it sound hard to do. But I could go in and clean a majority of this site in a few hours. Id love for this to be a wonderful place to be. Its why Im reluctant to pay when I dont know what benefit it is.
I would totally clean up the spam messages. I recently flagged so much spam in discussions without any changes being made.
This isnt rocket science. Oh that brings up another point. I have a doctorate degree. But when I select it, it never sticks. Neither does Ph.D. They are the same by the way, so why two categories?

This post was edited

Sadly groups are going the way of the rest of the site. But the responses you have already received for leaving a group are correct. I left some long time groups because the mods/group owner has left the site or new ones have taken over and took the group in a new direction that didnt work for me.

This post was edited

Id like to bump this to refresh. I have groups pending where there is not a way to unfollow. How can we leave a group?Also why do groups stay up when the moderator left years ago? I asked to take over an inactive group that Im interested in. No response from anyone.People make it sound hard to do. But I could go in and clean a majority of this site in a few hours. Id love for this to be a wonderful place to be. Its why Im reluctant to pay when I dont know what benefit it is.I would totally clean up the spam messages. I recently flagged so much spam in discussions without any changes being made.This isnt rocket science. Oh that brings up another point. I have a doctorate degree. But when I select it, it never sticks. Neither does Ph.D. They are the same by the way, so why two categories?

No way to leave a group when your membership is pending that I know of.
There is a way to become the moderator of an orphan group, but I don't know how,
Doctor is broader than Ph.D.
Includes MD, JD, Ed.D, DD, and others.

This post was edited

Sorry for 'sliding' into this topic with a shameless self promotion, but I've been a member of this site for over 15 years and have had enough of the bad management, the fake profiles, the groups with no recent content, and admins that clearly aren't involved in the site.I created The Social Nudist to be the exact opposite. The site isn't run by a company, it's run by me, a regular nudist, looking to connect with REAL nudists around the world and close to home. If that sounds like you too, I am offering 2 months free access to the site for a short time, no credit card details, no hidden anything.We have zero tolerance for exclusion, hatred, or vitriol! Join us for a community that's all about positivity and acceptance.At TheSocialNudist.com, your body type, race, sexual orientation, and hair color don't matter. We celebrate diversity and inclusion.We're all about having a ton of fun and shouting 'hell yes' to life!

Tried both links and got 404 page not found.

This post was edited

Thanks for that, links now working correctly.

This post was edited