Apollo 5/3

Going to Apollo a few times this week Wed and Thurs possibly on the weekend. Wife is out town so going solo.

This topic was edited
RE:Apollo 5/3

I am going Wednesday too. I understand lot #5 is currently closed. Maybe we will see you!

This post was edited

What is Apollo?

This post was edited

Not sure #5 is closed. Website says that beach access walkway #1 is closed due to erosion and the boat ramp across from Lot #5 is still closed but nothing about the regular parking lot at #5 being closed. Enjoy your visit.

This post was edited

Apollo Beach is the northern section of Canaveral National Seashore accessed via New Smyrna Beach. South of Lot#5 (very limited parking - 20 cars) clothing optional usage is permitted. The southern part of CNS has Playalinda beach and the most northern section also permits c/o usage.

This post was edited

Pins, I was told Thursday via a regular goer that #5 is closed for re-nourishment, #4 is open for nude time. Hope you are doing well. H

This post was edited

I should check out Apollo. I have been to Playalinda twice this year, but never been to Apollo. It takes me about 90 minutes to get to Playalinda from Vero Beach. How much longer would it take to get to Apollo and is there any difference?

This post was edited

Will take you about 30 minutes longer to get to Apollo than Playalinda. Beaches were about the same at least up until the storms. Since then, storm damage and repair efforts may have them looking a bit different, though geographically they are the same beach, about 10 miles apart. If going to Apollo, go early to get a parking spot. And have fun!

This post was edited

My plans have changed for 5/3 at Apollo. Will miss you guys. Catch you next time

This post was edited

I will probably be up that way this Saturday, Most likely Playalinda since I don't want to drive 2 hours only to not find a parking space. I am planning a mini vacation in the area August 25-27. I will get in town early Friday morning, go to Apollo until early afternoon then go check into the motel room I have reserved in New Smyrna Beach at 3:00. Eat dinner, then go to Daytona Speedway for the Xfinity race that starts at 7:30. Saturday morning I will go to Apollo again until early afternoon or until it gets too hot. The Nascar cup race starts at 7,, but I will get there a few hours early. After the race I will go back to the motel. Sunday morning I will probably check out of the motel early and stop at Playalinda on the way home if I am not totally fried by then. Of course, I will have my "Please take pictures of me nude" signs out, unless I am with someone that is uncomfortable with that.

This post was edited

Was there yesterday at Apollo Beach and overall a very nice day. 60/40 male/female split. About 90% naked. Saw no gawkers except a few on the boardwalk. All singles and couples were very friendly as we chatted with those who weee walking the beach. Great tide schedule as low tide was around 1:30 pm which allowed lots of beach. A great Beach just needs more parking !

This post was edited