Health and Wellness Journey after a health scare

Hey all,

About three months ago I was a type II diabetic that didnt take controlling my sugars seriously. My sugars were well into the 400s and I was not consistent in taking my insulin and checking my sugars. I am a stress eater and when I worry about things it leads me towards trying to fix things myself. This method often leaves me being humbled and turning to the faith to guide during my stress and journey.

This humbling experience guided me to a not so fun journey to the ER with Covid that caused me to have ketoacidosis. This was an eye opener for me concerning my health and wellbeing that caused me to pray for help and make some major diet and exercise changes in my life.

Since the event I have included my faith in my journey, exercise up to four times a week, changed my diet and I have lost about 15 Lbs and I am feeling great! It might not seem like a lot but I added a before and current photo to show the progress.

Anyone else have any amazing stories about a health crisis that lead to a change in there wellness habits when they included there faith or person to help guide them ?

This topic was edited
No replies yet.