Why have a private profile?

This is something I've seen at a few sites and while I was gone it would seem that this site has added that feature, but why do it? I can understand that people want their pics private, but we already have that feature. The thing is, when your profile is for friends only, I have no idea what kind of person you are, so why would I add you? Seems kind of like a catch 22 to me. Anyways, those of you who have a private profile, can I ask why? Just curious is all and thanks for any responses. :)

This topic was edited
RE: Why have a private profile?

This is something I've seen at a few sites and while I was gone it would seem that this site has added that feature, but why do it? I can understand that people want their pics private, but we already have that feature. The thing is, when your profile is for friends only, I have no idea what kind of person you are, so why would I add you? Seems kind of like a catch 22 to me. Anyways, those of you who have a private profile, can I ask why? Just curious is all and thanks for any responses. :)
Hehe Swifty, you just broke the GOLDEN rule, check out the threads before starting a new one.

In fairness to you and everyone else, it's not easy to find threads here and it is time consuming to try, AND you are asking a specific question, previous threads have mostly got responses from other frustrated members and not really answered the question, but I see here that BnB has, and their probably right too, a lot of requests are motivated by the desire to see some pics. But I still say that this problem can be overcome by making pics friends only and it's not nessarsary to make the whole profile private.

Here's some, but probably not all, of the similar threads.

Private Profiles

Profiles is Private - Only for Friends

How Do You Handle Friend's Requests?

Phil.

This post was edited
I don't understand either......

Hi, I am new to this board (Damn, pic probably isnt even uploaded yet), This seems to be an excellent community! I also have to question about the motive for a private prolile. Me, I dont care who see's me naked, and that is what truenudists is all about. Having a private profile really contradicts what this forum, or nudismis all about. Just my two cents....

This post was edited
RE: Why have a private profile?

On the one hand I can kind of understand why some might want to have a private profile. Perhaps they are totally new to the nudist philosophy or maybe even just curious and havent yet decided if it is for them so they want to be cautious. Heck, that was the case for me when I joined (totally new) so maybe if Id had the option I would have chosen to make my profile private at the beginning. Also, perhaps some have jobs where they fear there might be retribution from an employer should they get outed as a member of a nudist site. There are of course plenty of narrow minded types in the prudist community.

But on the other hand, this is a well run traditionalist nudist site, not a hook up site, so from that perspective, I dont really understand someone keeping their profile private. It is after all a networking, social site and people arent going to be able to get to know you and you arent going to make friends if your profile stays private. Personally, Im glad when I joined I didnt have the option because I have already made some swell friends and acquaintances here. I encourage those with private profiles to make them public as soon as you feel comfortable with the idea. There is no shame in being a nudist and you will really get more out of your membership here once you begin to meet other like minded people.

This post was edited
RE: I don't understand either......

Hi, I am new to this board (Damn, pic probably isnt even uploaded yet), This seems to be an excellent community! I also have to question about the motive for a private prolile. Me, I dont care who see's me naked, and that is what truenudists is all about. Having a private profile really contradicts what this forum, or nudismis all about. Just my two cents....
Welcome to the site booker. It is indeed a great community here and Im glad you joined us.

This post was edited