RE:Separating social nudity from sexual nudity

There's no such thing as too much -- until, of course, there's chafing or rug burns... ; )

I think this is about nudity in front of others... and as for sexuality, of course all people have sex, maybe I have too much, heh, heh.

This post was edited

This seems to be an excellent and balanced discussion - and a very important one. In Western society, especially in the US, there is a (too) close a connection between nudity and sex. The commercial arena and the notion that "sex sells" undermine the fact that social nudity and sexual nudity CAN be separated (the subject here). Of course, we are sexual beings whether nude or textiled. The question articulated very well by a few here is how we behave and respect the environment where we are at a given point. If we are in a swingers' club (not my thing) and sexual nudity is the norm for that situation, people are expected to behave in one way. If we are in a social nudist setting, especially a family setting, we behave very differently. If I am in the woods alone or with accepting friends, I will be naked (weather permitting). When I am at the supermarket, I will be clothed. Context matters.

This post was edited

When I am at the supermarket, I will be clothed. Context matters.

Plus, most supermarkets are too cool for comfortable nudity!

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.

This post was edited
Separating social nudity from sexual nudity

As far as this is concerned, it doesn't matter what we might think, what counts is the way other people, behave and think about things. If people don't want to see me nude, they'll look another way. If someone doesn't like me being totally shaved, tough. I can separate social nudity from sexual nudity, if someone else does want sex with me, I'll consider it. If she wants to experience social nudity with me, we can do that as well. Stupid to think that while a lady might be sexually attracted to a nude male, for any reason, another male shouldn't be similarly attracted. Come up with your own answer and then the world will be in the normal balance.

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.

I think you're right on this point. The evidence points to it all starting with shoes and shirts - No shoes no shirt no service!

This post was edited

Some anthropologists would say supermarkets are why humans started to wear clothes.I think you're right on this point. The evidence points to it all starting with shoes and shirts - No shoes no shirt no service!

I rarely wear a shirt in the summer except in places that require them.

This post was edited

Wearing clothes in places that require them, thats quite normal.

This post was edited

Anyone else getting bored with old-school nudism and the recurring, ridiculous protestations of nudist asexuality?Whats wrong with sexual nudity anyway? Why does it have to be separate?We are sexual beings. Our sexuality isnt contained in our clothing, so it isnt removed when we remove our clothing.Its 2023 guys - sexuality has been emancipated. Get over it.

Very well said. nudity and sexuality are both our natural form. Clothing was constructed to cover our skin for sexual denial. We, and I mean me, as a nudist are shedding that archaic concept and embrace the totality of who I am as well as all of those around me, and especially those I would call my friends. That being said, we all should still be respectful of others. That does not mean that we deprive ourselves of everything just in case one thing "may" offend someone. I challenge you to go about your day, and never do ANYTHING that could possibly offend ANYONE. It is literally impossible. The best thing is to read the room. Gauge your behaviors based on those close to you. Push the limits a bit, and if you get a negative reaction, then adjust accordingly or move to another area or group. Surround yourself with like minded people.

This post was edited

Clothing was constructed to cover our skin for sexual denial. We, and I mean me, as a nudist are shedding that archaic concept and embrace the totality of who I am as well as all of those around me, and especially those I would call my friends. That being said, we all should still be respectful of others. .
While I certainly agree that for a long time, sexual denial has been a significant reason for people wearing clothing, some anthropologists believe that the original reason for clothing was a practical one. People started migrating further from the equator during a time of global cooling and they needed some sort of cover to keep warm. Perhaps the current combination of global warming and many people moving closer to the equator (at least in theUS) will help people abandon clothing or at least be more tolerant of those who do.

This post was edited