Naked in the storm

Hurricane Hilary finally made landfall and into Southern California Saturday evening. By the late Sunday afternoon, we were getting some steady moderate to heavy rainfall. By 5pm, we were getting heavy rainfall, stiff winds and frequent huge gusts and it did not let up. Though I was prepared for many other things she might be bringing, I forgot to make the backyard a bit more prepared for the wind.

I saw no reason to slip on anything to combat the heavy rains and wind. I was taking down windchimes, taking down umbrellas, moving patio furniture, anything that could tip, fly off the tables or fly away. I was working hard enough that, even though it was cool with the rain and wind, it felt great being naked out in the storm. The storm is gone now and it's cool, partly cloudy and all is well in Southern Cal again. haha

This topic was edited
RE:Naked in the storm

Glad you alright...

This post was edited

Stay safe

This post was edited

Glad to hear you survived and sounds like didnt have too much damage.

This post was edited

Im glad youre ok; thats an experience youll remember. Now the question is did any of the water make it in the lakes & reservoirs? Maybe it did & will help out the entire situation. Hang in there.

This post was edited

Glad you made it through okay. Working frantically in the rain with strong winds sounds exhilarating and fun perhaps but that begs a question.

How do you prepare to evacuate in an emergency as a nudist? Given that I am usually nude at home, if a fast moving fire or flash flood were to occur, it would probably take me longer to find something to put on than it would to grab the keys and go if I were dressed already.

This post was edited

Glad you made it through okay. Working frantically in the rain with strong winds sounds exhilarating and fun perhaps but that begs a question.How do you prepare to evacuate in an emergency as a nudist? Given that I am usually nude at home, if a fast moving fire or flash flood were to occur, it would probably take me longer to find something to put on than it would to grab the keys and go if I were dressed already.

We live in earthquake country. This type of storm, a house fire or earthquake will have us exiting the house quickly. Because we live naked and sleep naked, it's a topic we've discussed several times. We have clothes stashed in a storage box outside in one of our storage sheds. We both have clothes for each of us in a bag in each of our cars. The plan is to exit the house via the easiest path and either get to the storage shed for the clothes or to the cars, open the garage door and take the cars out.

I know it sounds like something a nudist would say but we've thought it through and realize that our safety and our lives might mean we will be seen by neighbors, and we can live with that. We couldn't care less if they see us naked. Better naked and alive then dressed and dead. ;D

This post was edited

Hurricane Hilary finally made landfall and into Southern California Saturday evening. By the late Sunday afternoon, we were getting some steady moderate to heavy rainfall. By 5pm, we were getting heavy rainfall, stiff winds and frequent huge gusts and it did not let up. Though I was prepared for many other things she might be bringing, I forgot to make the backyard a bit more prepared for the wind.I saw no reason to slip on anything to combat the heavy rains and wind. I was taking down windchimes, taking down umbrellas, moving patio furniture, anything that could tip, fly off the tables or fly away. I was working hard enough that, even though it was cool with the rain and wind, it felt great being naked out in the storm. The storm is gone now and it's cool, partly cloudy and all is well in Southern Cal again. haha

You two have definitely given this subject some great thought. Thanks for telling us your plan and for getting me thinking. We hadn't thought about this at all and after reading your post,we will develop a plan for us!

This post was edited