Walking Between House and Barn

Ive got a nice big new house and new barn/shop all situated on about 4-1/2 acres. One side has dense woods. The backside has a good stand of trees mostly with good depth, but sparse on one end. Behind is a new housing development being built. Fortunately, the trees are part of a permanent green belt. The other side is somewhat exposed except towards the rear. The front, facing the road, has a few trees and is spare to wide open.

We just recently got the back yard between house and barn/shop fenced in. The dogs are loving it.

I find myself walking back and forth between the shop and house most days. When Im nude, there is about a 30 distance where Im exposed to the road and one side. The lot is somewhat wider than deep. Despite the house being 100+ wide and the barn 65 wide, I just cannot stay concealed all the way. Most the time I just pay attention and wait until I see and hear no traffic.

Today, I had a thought and experimented. I simply put on a t-shirt and nothing else. I walked out and back a few times, purposefully waiting to ensure cars were driving by. I expect someone would have to be looking to even notice a person in the back. Next test, I stood in the middle of my open 20x14 open barn door, which is almost ninety degrees to the road. I was facing road. I never saw anything to indicate anyone saw me. Finally, I went and walked across the front porch front door to the end which opens into garage. Finally, I sat in a chair on the porch and watched traffic and numerous car go by 200 away. Nothing. I even went and sat at side door into Mudroom facing oncoming traffic. Again, nothing.

In short, I think even if someone notices a person outside the house, they arent really looking at them. Second, even if they notice and focus on them, they see a person but nothing more. Finally, if they actually look, the quick visual isnt enough to register I was nude from the waste down.

Ive decided it is much easier to just throw on a t-shirt for the 100 walk to the shop door. Even pausing to unlock the door just doesnt give enough view to see. I then can remove the t-shirt and continue working nude in the barn.

What prompted this little project was an observation a couple of days before. I was in barn with roll-up door open. I was on my phone and wondering around when I stopped to respond to message. I stood still on the phone for several minutes before realizing I was 1) totally nude, save shoes and ball cap, and 2) facing the road and traffic. As I realized the situation, I counted six cars/trucks pass by in just one direction.

See sports fans, even research and experimentation in the nude can be fun.

This topic was edited
RE:Walking Between House and Barn

Agreed. I've driven nude and even on local roads, people walking on sidewalk dont even notice. Certainly not fellow drivers. Fun to experiment!

This post was edited

My home is opposite a park and children's playground. The garden has some light planting of shrubs etc giving about 50% privacy. I have sat on my front porch and even watered the garden with my hose totally nude or sometimes DD. The number of drivers who look towards my home is close to zero, having watched for some years. If I am standing still I am ignored. Even if I am moving, virtually no one looks my way. When their are children in the park, I am very careful to have on swimming briefs or similar. My experiments have proven that few drivers are looking around, but concentrating on driving.

This post was edited

My home is opposite a park and children's playground. The garden has some light planting of shrubs etc giving about 50% privacy. I have sat on my front porch and even watered the garden with my hose totally nude or sometimes DD. The number of drivers who look towards my home is close to zero, having watched for some years. If I am standing still I am ignored. Even if I am moving, virtually no one looks my way. When their are children in the park, I am very careful to have on swimming briefs or similar. My experiments have proven that few drivers are looking around, but concentrating on driving.

My house is on a busy road across from a high school with no screening.
I therefore limit my outdoor nude activity to inside the privacy fence in back.

This post was edited

We have no privacy fence or screening, but live on a country road and can hear traffic. I sun in my little pool in the backyard and the house blocks the view from the road. Bill has a shop building and we often walk from the garage to it. The other buildings are a bit further though so we usually jump on the golf cart to get to them.

This post was edited

My wife wants a golf cart. It is only 100 from back door of house to barn. It is about 200 from side door to mailbox. I already have a Gator for toting stuff around. She wants to use it drive to her friends house 2 miles away, who she rarely visits. It would be an interesting ride nude, however with all the houses along the way!

This post was edited

I live in the country but have close neighbors. I have a shop I will walk nude to and it's toward the road but I have a tree lined road. They can see me if they catch me in the open. so I use some of the trees in the yard as cover. If I stand just outside of the door people coming down the road could see me but I doubt they are looking.

This post was edited

I envy all of you that live on acreage and have that freedom to roam your property as much as possible, while nude. Living in the suburbs has its pluses but I dislike living so close to neighbors. We've been fortunate to have accepting or tolerant neighbors here and the last two homes we've purchased. It's nothing like living in the country with space between you, neighbors and traveled roads.

We have two sets of nudist couple friends that live on acreage. Both couples live on 6+ acres and their neighbors are at least 100 yards away. One couple lives on similar property to the OP. Their home and barn/shop is about 2-300 ft from their back door. He routinely walks back and forth naked and his one neighbor sees him naked quite a bit. They actually meet at the fence and talk from time to time while this friend is naked. His wife, on occasion, will use the riding lawnmower and sit upon it semi naked to cut the grass. She usually wears a lightweight shirt. It's always unbuttoned but she can close it if need be.

The other couple live out on a county road, dirt and gravel. It's farm country. Lots of corn and wheat. Their property is lined in trees adjacent to the road but wide open to the property line next to the crops. They only have to be aware when it's harvest time and they say that even during that time, the farmers are paying more attention to what they are doing than to them being naked on their property.

I drive naked all the time. I've been in heavy traffic. Driving naked for as long as I have, you learn how not to be seen in certain situations.

This post was edited

I have a similar situation, living in the country with woods on two sides of my acreage. Never realized the wonderful feeling of being outside nude until about 4 yrs ago when boyfriend told me about the lifestyle. I feel like Ive missed out on many years of feeling free.

This post was edited

I have a similar situation, living in the country with woods on two sides of my acreage. Never realized the wonderful feeling of being outside nude until about 4 yrs ago when boyfriend told me about the lifestyle. I feel like Ive missed out on many years of feeling free.

I can understand that feeling. Have had many nudist friends who started out later in life but are living it up now. Live naked, Live free whenever possible! ;-)

This post was edited

I have used both some fencing and plants to create a private backyard. Hedges can work, but so does creating a diversion. Place an unusual or colorful plant to draw the eye slightly away from where you want privacy. Also slightly staggered plants of various textures and heights is more interesting than a boring hedge, and will keep straying eyes from looking through. Fences are expensive and can make the yard look like a fortress which I dislike. My plants are only a couple years old and rapidly closing the gaps. I even have a couple potted trees that are helping fill the voids until the plantings finish filling in.

Researching your visibility is worthwhile. I regularly walk down the street in front of my house to see how the sight lines are closing. To know how cautious I should be when driving nude, all I did was try to see what kind of pants all the other drivers wear. Pretty obvious pretty fast that no one can see what I'm wearing either. Multiply the limited visibility by the number of drivers who are actually actively looking and it's pretty obvious that the only other drivers who can possibly see me are those who are desperately looking. To those desperate souls, I don't mind at all what they see.

These days I rarely look toward the street before crossing the yard.

This post was edited