Penile Implant

I am considering having a penile implant. I lost the ability to erect while in my 50's. My doctor at the time handed me samples of the blue pill. It worked great... until it didn't. Doctor said not to worry. Lots of men have ED. Here's a higher dosage. Again, it worked for a while until it would not. Later I found the likely cause is type 2 diabetes. I miss the intimacy with my non nude spouse. I'm hoping someone who has received the implant will share whether it's worth doing. I'm 73 married for 30+ years.
Wife is all in for doing it.

This topic was edited
RE:Penile Implant

Hi guy. If you have the health and money go for it. Friend had and was some initial discomfort rated at 8 of 10 for few days. Last time I looked was around 5000.00 plus. My friend loves his new penis.

This post was edited

I have discussed this with my insurance and they now cover it. Waiting to get a urologist to move the decision forward. Thanks for your input.

This post was edited

Thanks for your comments. I tried the injection method many years ago. It didn't work as claimed. I can live with a 5" erection if that's all I get. I realize that a penis is a muscle. Unused, it will shrink with age. If spouse was at all uncertain, I would drop the idea.

This post was edited

Well, I have had it done and it has its pros and cons. The pros is that I can stay hard for as long as I want. The cons is that it doesnt feel like it did with out it. You feel the cylinders in your penis. The other thing is that you will lose some feeling which might come back and might not. Fortunately for me mine came back. Now for the cost. Mine was paid for by Medicare part B and my 2nd ins. paid for the rest. So, would I do it again? I would say no. I would try Shockwave therapy first before the implant and pay out of pocket, that is because Medicare does not cover shockwave.

This post was edited

The penis is NOT a muscle but rather gets hard by being engorged by blood. Boner pills are related to circulation. I have tried to improve my erections by focusing on breathing and cardio. Losing belly fat has helped, but I cant explain why. One day at a time.

This post was edited

I had this done a few years back and was told I would have the same size of erection I use to have which was over 7 inches. But after the 2weeks of pain and swelling was only able to pump a 4 and 12 inch one. I had some health issues before stroke high blood pressure and diabetes ,so doctor first had me try the pills the did not work for me only back pain. Then he had me try the shots went through the different types and levels of dosages and no luck. I then went on disability due to a foot injury and was later was okayed to have the surgery. I thought it would be great but my hard on's last about as long as wheat they did before and have not the same amount of cum. If I had to do it again would say no even my wife thought it did not do what she thought it would.

This post was edited

I had an implant about 17 years ago. This procedure was recommended by my urologist following radical prostatectomy and Peyronies Disease. I thought it would be great to have a pump up job but lost 2 inches (my erections pre op were just under 6 inches) but the down side to the implant was the hardware in the scrotum. When crouching, the pump and tubes would come in forceful contact with the seam of whatever I was wearing and it is like a tap to the balls. Ouch, I know it happens but I keep forgetting! The other downside for me is losing all feeling as the blood flow is closed or tied off and it is irreversible! The upside is if you opt for the 3 part implant, no one will know you have an implant unless they feel you up. My implant failed 2 years ago and I am contemplating what to do. I need to go back to my urologist to determine the best direction. Replacement with the latest model, remove it completely (don't know what will happen to my penis shape with the tubes removed) or leave it as is. It is an expensive procedure, $AU6000 plus 1 night in hospital ($AU15,000) I pay the first $500. So is it worth the investment? The jury is still out.

This post was edited