To wax or not to Wax? And how much to do?

Question for you guys. I'm pretty hairy. I have a lot of hair on my chest and stomach. Not like I'm wearing a sweater or anything. No back hair, luckily. But I have a fair amount of pubic hair. I've been trimming it. But I thought about getting it waxed. But then the thought occured to me. If I got my pubes waxed and not my chest.. wouldn't that look weird if I'm someplace and am nude? Is it one of those things.. do it all or do none of it? Any one else have this issue?

This topic was edited
RE:To wax or not to Wax? And how much to do?

I pluck my pubes by wearing a rubber glove so that I'm not bare there (some short fine hair remains) but blended with my trimmed body hair. I think it looks plausibly natural (love the shaved look, but it's not for me) and if I wear a small suit on a textile beach my hair looks consistent to the edge of the suit and no spillage. That may work for you, especially if you dislike stubble. Depending on the trimmer model I use a #2 or #3 blade to reduce the hair volume on my body without being obviously trimmed. Being fair also helps, I guess.

I'm not particularly enamoured with body hair stopping short of the public area, although you may like it. :-)

This post was edited

Love the look of being smooth on the genitalia area but having chest hair.
The wife and some good friends like running their fingers through my chest hair and having no pubic hair is a nice contrast. But the back hair I have a long handled hair trimmer.

This post was edited

I have kept my cock, balls and butt shaved ever since I started growing hair. I prefer the look and feel of it.
I shave each day in the shower, only takes a few minutes to keep everything tidy.
I don't think waxing my middle section is practical, certainly not the front!
My back is hairy and I have recently looked into getting it lasered as I don't know anyone who will shave it for me.
I had my back waxed some years ago but it grew back way too fast for me.
When I look at other guys who have smooth nether regions but hairy chests it doesn't look out of place at all.

This post was edited

I tried shaving & keep getting shavers rash now I use a electric razor & put baby powder on first & I dont get any rash or nicks. It feels very smooth & I do it once a week to keep itwith in reason

This post was edited

I am not all that hairy but do stay smooth all over. Have waxed before. Painful and can cause ingrown hair issues, so I usually stay on top of shaving regularly. I have a friend who was hairy and went with laser treatment. Expensive but worth it for him.

This post was edited

I go back and forth with body hair. I have to shave around my knee for KT tape, and I don't care to leave erything but a patch on one knee hairy. But fully shaving the legs is time consuming.

Waxing does last longer, and it is a smoother feel. But it can be painful and cause ingrown hairs when you first start. If you do full body, it will be upwards of $400, so I would recommend starting with one or two areas, and seeing how it goes. If you like it and want to keep it up, you can get on a schedule, which gets easier over time.

Also, the first time you wax, it will seem to start growing back faster, because the follicles are not at the same growth stage. After the second time it will all be synced up to take much longer.

I did a full body wax before a trip to FL some time ago. I didn't have any issues with it. I didn't want to mess with razors while I was there. I also wanted to avoid nicks or cuts before going into the ocean.

This post was edited

Leave it. The hairier the better in my book. But then again I like the look of a hairy man. It's what makes him a man. And keep the bush thick and wild. lol

This post was edited

Leave it. The hairier the better in my book. But then again I like the look of a hairy man. It's what makes him a man. And keep the bush thick and wild. lol

This post was edited

waxing is the way to go. My wax lady has a technique where she removes all hair in regions, then does little spot areas to adjacent areas to make the transition far less noticeable. Get an experienced waxer and ask for her to feather in the edges.

This post was edited

I keep mine natural and strongly prefer that look. But it's your body, if you feel lead experiment to find what works for you.

This post was edited