The Dangers of Spray Sunscreen!

A warning to nudists! I found this out on my own, no scientific research was done, just an observation made by me.
I buy sunscreen to use at the beach etc. I am single, so I do not have a
person that I can ask to help cover the hard to reach places on my back
and asking a stranger can be unnerving. So I thought, 'Hey, what about
those fancy sunscreen in a spray bottle?' I purchased one and took it
the next time I went to the beach.
As I sprayed my arms, the first thing I noticed was that it did not look
like much sunscreen was coming out, so I made sure to coat pretty well.
As I worked the spray towards my back, it was a little easier to get
the hard to reach middle of my back. I then moved downward and back to
the front...
Apparently this type of sunscreen was not designed for nudists because
all of a sudden, I felt a burning sensation 'down there'. Either I am
very sensitive there or there is some chemical (probably an alcohol) or
perhaps it is the proprellant in the bottle that does not react well
with the crotch region of the human form. I felt stinging little needles
all over that area and as a person the first thing you want to do is
grab the area in pain...well, being a nudist, you don't want to be
grabbing yourself infront of others like that. So I just grabbed a towel
and patted at it to hopefully soak up some of the spray. The stings
still persisted, so I had to suffer the time until the pain subsided.
So...if you plan on using sunscreen in an spray bottle, BEWARE! Just my two cents.
Oh, I also found that said spray bottle will also inform you of any small cuts or scrapes you may have and not know about. :)

Stay Naked!

This topic was edited
RE: The Dangers of Spray Sunscreen!

I've always used traditional cream. At 51 I am able to reach all areas of my back. I'm not saying it's easy, but it can be done.

This post was edited
re: spray sunscreen

My concern with spray sunscreen is that small amounts can be inhaled easily. Not sure about long term consequences of that. Another problem I had once with a can of spray sunscreen was that is it did not cover my skin evenly. After staying in the sun for a while I had a red speckled look. However it is still the best option for me. My wife's hands have a contact allergy. She is okay wearing sunscreen on her body, however her hands break out in painful blisters when they come into contact with most chemicals.

This post was edited
Re: The Dangers of Spray Sunscreen

Itoo have experienced the burning sensation on my genital area and I dont shave but do a trim so it was not due to that fact I trimmed some. I won't be using that again. I found a better lotion to use.

This post was edited

Ah, but I do not shave. I can easily see how that would cause some pain. Basically razor burn. Maybe something else in the ingredients causing some burning sensation.

This post was edited

The spray sunscreen does contain alchohol, you can smell it and feel it.
As for inhaling small amount - always spray onto your hands and rub it over your face, particles could otherwise go into your eyes.
Patchy results? It isn't designed to run and coat the skin, you do have to rub it in.
If you shave the pubic area I always use a post shave balm, the same as for the face. Not only does it provide a protective layer it makes people think you are years younger! When used on the face, of course.
That's my tuppence worth thrown in.
Happy sunbathing

This post was edited
target brand

I've discovered it may be the brand that makes the difference...different ingredients. Most sprays don't bother me but I bought a can of Target brand and wow can I tell you that was not a pleasant experience.

This post was edited

Yep, I know what you experienced. My balls were stinging like crazy first time I did it and noticed ingredients included alcohol....ouch! Since I liked the convenience of the spray I came up with a solution. Because I live in a very sunny area and live naked and I'm outside nude a lot around pool or in yard I make sure I have sunscreen on everywhere. What I do is tear a hole in a paper towel, put my penis through it then spray coverage on my penis and lower area. The paper towel blocks it from spraying my balls.

This post was edited

Creative Solution there Sail...Though I think I will stick with the cremes for applying sunscreen at nude beaches as the whole paper towel trick would surely cause some awkward stares, lol.

This post was edited

You have to read what are all the ingredients in it first, before you buya sunscreen spray. For the summer of 2011 when I was at my local nude beach(Mazo), I used Hawaiin Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray SPF 6. It was alcohol-free, andhadultra moisturizing foryour skin all over. Don't use this spray, if you don't have a nice tan already.

This post was edited

I use a spray sunscreen from Banana Boat and i have never had any "burning" problems with it.

This post was edited