Departure

I have read of nude gatherings that have a group strip when all of the participants have arrived.
Is anything similar done when a nude cruise clears the harbor of their departure port?

This topic was edited
RE:Departure

I have read of nude gatherings that have a group strip when all of the participants have arrived.Is anything similar done when a nude cruise clears the harbor of their departure port?

I have been on a number of small nude cruises along the Crete coast, and yes as soon as we cleared the harbour we all stripped off

This post was edited

On the Bare Necessities nude cruises there is an announcement by the cruise director when we can be nude. There are usually a large group gathered on the top deck waiting to celebrate by stripping as soon as the announcement is made. This happens at the start of the cruise and as we leave each port during the cruise.

This post was edited

On the Bare Necessities nude cruises there is an announcement by the cruise director when we can be nude. There are usually a large group gathered on the top deck waiting to celebrate by stripping as soon as the announcement is made. This happens at the start of the cruise and as we leave each port during the cruise.

It would be difficult for me to not be nude on a nude cruise. If you're in port, does a sarong suffice for cover. Can you slip into a sarong as soon as you get in your stateroom and then wonder the ship until it's naked time?

We love cruising. I'd need to convince our close nudist friends to go before my wife would go. She's quite the introvert in those situations. The close friends would really help with her meeting new people. She's also a rule follower so for her, the sarong wouldn't work for her and probably for me as well! LOL

This post was edited

On the Bare Necessities nude cruises there is an announcement by the cruise director when we can be nude. There are usually a large group gathered on the top deck waiting to celebrate by stripping as soon as the announcement is made. This happens at the start of the cruise and as we leave each port during the cruise.It would be difficult for me to not be nude on a nude cruise. If you're in port, does a sarong suffice for cover. Can you slip into a sarong as soon as you get in your stateroom and then wonder the ship until it's naked time?We love cruising. I'd need to convince our close nudist friends to go before my wife would go. She's quite the introvert in those situations. The close friends would really help with her meeting new people. She's also a rule follower so for her, the sarong wouldn't work for her and probably for me as well! LOL

A sarong (maybe not a see-through one) should suffice if you are staying on the ship. I've also seen others wearing just a sarong on the tender from ship to shore on a private island stop. They specifically say you need to be "covered" not "dressed". Some ports where there are no other ships docked next to us and where the ship isn't really visible by anyone on shore, we've even been able to remain nude onboard while in port. One of those ports was Grand Turk, even though they had a nutter about any nudity on shore. That drove a bunch of us back to the ship early in 2017 so we could be naked by our pool instead of dressed by the Margaritaville pool.

This post was edited

I'm not opposed to putting on clothes to venture on shore to explore or go on excursions. In fact, it would be mandatory because my wife loves to visit new places, except for Mexico. We've been on cruise there several times. She doesn't need to go ashore there any time soon.

A sarong for both of us works, while ashore but I'm fairly certain we'd wear a little more but minimal as possible. Di loves her sundresses with flip flops or sandals and nothing else, except for sunglasses and a hat. I've gone ashore in my tan thru swim shorts, a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops, cash and a CC.

I think for Di, she'd prefer exploring the ports we'd visit instead of going from one nude venue (the ship) to another nude venue (the nude island). For us, we are nude all the time, visit our club regularly and visit clubs often, that slipping on clothes to visit places we've never been to. I'd most likely prefer going from nude venue to nude venue but as they say, "happy wife, happy life!"

This post was edited

I agree with Andydi, we go on cruises to see several places on one trip so it we have to get dressed for an excursion to something new thats ok w us. Of course if theres a nude excursion thats somehow unique then thats preferred. Nice to have choices! Happy wife happy life.

This post was edited

Are there any places where passengers can remain nude when going from cruise ship to onshore nude destination?

This post was edited

If we are in a new port, we always try to get out and see the sights even though that means getting dressed. Places like Cozumel that we've been to at least 10 times on both nude and textile cruises, not so much. Tomorrow is the day we get to pre-book shore excursions for next month's nude cruise and the nude beach excursion in Cozumel is the first we will book, since we have not been on that one at all yet. Then if it isn't sold out yet, the combo Mayan ruins and nude beach excursion in Costa Maya. We just did the ruins in 2020 but we have friends who haven't gone before and want to go with them on the excursion.

This post was edited

Are there any places where passengers can remain nude when going from cruise ship to onshore nude destination?

I've always wondered if the ship docks in ports like Carnival's in Roatan, if they allowed the passengers to walk naked off the ship.

This post was edited

On the big ship cruises, I think ship security wants you dressed when going through the metal detectors at the ship's entrance. Then all of the private island destinations require a tender to get off the ship and they require you to be "covered" on the tender. The closest I've seen is someone wrapped in a towel leaving the ship and getting on the tender. The minimum I've tried is a towel wrap and a tee shirt which stayed on until I walked through the shopping area just outside of the harbor area.

On the Royal Clipper nude cruises there might be a little more freedom if anchoring in a secluded harbor somewhere in the Mediterranean. We haven't spent the $10,000+ per person on one of those cruises to find out the answer to that one.

This post was edited