Spring Hikes

Hey Everyone. Now that we have endured another winter in New England, time to start thinking of some group hikes. I will hopefully be planning at least 1 hike a month, perhaps 2, hopefully starting late April early May. I plan to start with a few short hikes so everyone can get their legs and cardio acclimated from the winter. In these early months, hike notification may be short as any hikes are weather dependent...temp at least 50 degrees with little or no wind. The short hikes will also allow for a later start when the sun is higher, and temps are warmer. If anyone has any suggestions for early hikes, please let me know.

This topic was edited
RE:Spring Hikes

If anyone is driving up from Boston, I'll come with you!

This post was edited

Thanks for doing this Otis Looking forward to it]

This post was edited

Hey Otis. Thanks for starting the season as early as possible. I'm looking forward to warmer weather and agree with the criteria for freehiking (]50F, little or no wind). I'll post events in this group as they are planned.

This post was edited

Hey Otis. Thanks for starting the season as early as possible. I'm looking forward to warmer weather and agree with the criteria for freehiking (]50F, little or no wind). I'll post events in this group as they are planned.

Isn't 50F a little chilly for freehiking even with little wind?

This post was edited

Great news, warmer days will get here in Northern New England eventually. Thanks for planning

This post was edited

Isn't 50F a little chilly for freehiking even with little wind?

It depends on what you are used to experiencing outdoors (or indoors, for that matter). For Floridians, 70F is chilly; for Minnesotans, 35F is time to fire up the grill for an outdoor barbeque. For me, 50F in the woods on a fine day is a comfortable temperature for hiking.

This post was edited

50 degrees is in the shade, with sun would be 60 degrees. Plus, will try to find a trail with more open meadows/fields rather than woods

This post was edited

Thanks for organizing! I will look to participate as often as possible! Ps. Last summers Peru mtn hike dtarted eatly and was in low 50's warmed up climbing hill and westher warmed as dsy went on. It was a great day

This post was edited

Thanks for organizing! I will look to participate as often as possible! Ps. Last summers Peru mtn hike dtarted eatly and was in low 50's warmed up climbing hill and westher warmed as dsy went on. It was a great day

This post was edited

Otis, I got your message and thanks for the explanation of the comments. I will be checking the site for hiking updates. Thanks for the info and look forward to meeting you on the hikes.
Thanks,
Will

This post was edited