Google search

I was tipped off yesterday that if you punch your truenudists name into google up comes a photo, and,YESit does. Can i change my profile name easily without having to be re-certified ? or is there a trick to sort this out ? as I see this as a big problem. Can the site owners rectify this ? am i being paranoid ? what is the meaning of life ? and why does dropped toast always land butter side down ?
Keith from UK

This topic was edited
RE: Google search

I was tipped off yesterday that if you punch your truenudists name into google up comes a photo, and,YESit does. Can i change my profile name easily without having to be re-certified ? or is there a trick to sort this out ? as I see this as a big problem. Can the site owners rectify this ? am i being paranoid ? what is the meaning of life ? and why does dropped toast always land butter side down ? Keith from UK
Hi Keith, welcome to the site.

We have been here before, it is true of most sites that your username can be found on google. I think it's fare to say, that if you need to hide your profile here from people that know your username, you do not want to use the same name here, as you may have, say on other social networking sites. To find more opinions on this, go here :)

TN profiles and pics available through Google search.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=21562&post=136852
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TrueNudists Google search is just wrong
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=1481
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google search
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=2341&post=130875
Profile Picture on Google
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=21156&post=136277
TN profiles and pics available through Google search.
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=21562
Profile Search
https://www.truenudists.com/forum/viewthread.php?id=25677
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phil.

ps. Yes you can change it, go, my account, (Down next to you pic) edit my: then click on profile.

pps. If you find out the meaning of life, ........please tell ME! :)

This post was edited

Hi Phil, many thanks for the helpful reply, Keith

This post was edited
RE:

I am still searching for the meaning of life, but the reason buttered toast always falls buttered side down is due to the weight being slightly higer on that side. Adding jelly really increased the odds. LOL

This post was edited

More bad news brought to you by our friends at Google. Today I was surfing the Google Images looking for illustrative images for my blog. In particular I was looking for images from Hippie Hollow, a clothing optional beach on Lake Travis in the Austin, Texas area. I entered Hippie Hollow as my search term initially which yielded mostly un-peopled photos of the shoreline. I then entered Hippie Hollow Nudists. Imagine my surprise when up popped in the thumbnails a photograph of yours truly. The photograph I uploaded to this site and used as my first profile picture. Clicking on the thumbnail took me to a forum page here on TN where I had entered a post which did of course deal with nudity but had absolutely nothing to do with Hippie Hollow.

First I learned an important lesson about Google images. I had long assumed that the images there unless they had the boilerplate disclaimer, May be subject to copyright were in the public domain and so I have been using images found there willy nilly for illustrating my blog. Obviously I was under the wrong impression as that photo of me that will now float carefree about the Internet forever was certainly never placed into the public domain by me.

While Im not particularly upset about my rather surprising discovery, this is just more food for thought for those who are concerned about someone getting hold of a photo of you in the buff that you would rather not do so. Pretty much it seems, any photo you upload to this site or anywhere on the Internet can very well be snatched up by Googles web crawlers and show up as a result of someones search term even one that has little if anything to do with what they were searching for.

I have an acquantance who created and operates a shall we say, sexually oriented web site. And no, I am not a member of it. But when I was discussing this with him, he mentioned that his site has security measures to prevent what happened to me from happening to members of his site so that their privacy is protected. Going to his site takes you only to a rather generic home page that gives a little basic information about what the site is about. But before you can get into the meat and potatoes of the site you must request membership. Apparently this keeps out the nasty little web crawlers. As I recall, when I first came to TN, I wasas a visitor pretty much kept from browsing photos but if I remember correctly, I was able togo right into the forums and of course see the profile pictures next to anyones post. Andclicking on the thumbnail took meto the persons profile page where I was able to seea larger version of their profile picture. Ijust couldnt look at any other photos they may have posted. Perhaps TT1 should consider something similar for here in the interest of protecting peoples privacy.

This post was edited

Yes, it is there. I just tried googling Barefootbill and my page and photo came up. When I did "Barefoot Bill" it also came up but not in the first couple pages. And when I googled my real name, Bill Pacer, it came up on page 3 of the search because my signature here includes my name.

Do I change or do I accept. With me, there is other sites that refer to my nude activities, such as acting and modeling sites. I was also very active in nudist public relations and politics some years back. Thus, I shrug and accept. I do not care who sees and shares and posts. I am a proud and bold nudist.

However, if someone needs to hide or mask their nudist proclivities, they should consider an obsure non-word name or making their photos only viewable to friends. I know this may limit friends, but until the world acknowledges nude is normal, this might be a viable option.

This post was edited

I have a user name "catbird" that is a breed of real birds. Hence "catbird" would be of more interest to naturalists, not naturists. For curiousity I googled my user name. My profile came up on page 47, which is far down. Who would have the patience to search 47 pages?

This post was edited

Tried it and it lists my posts. Tried it with ukKeith and like he suggested it comes up with the profile photo and the photos of your friends below. Note too that it also does the same thing with Yahoo Search.

This post was edited

Someone mentioned about being able to see all photos when this was discussed previously. This may be a silly question but had you logged out of the site before you did your search. If you shut your browser down and re-open without being logged in the results should be different.

This post was edited

Eeeeeeeerrrrmmmm...yeah! And by the way, I thought tea was a beverage....eat?

You are correct Knarfje, tea is a drink. but it can also refer to a meal, in the evening. I am not sure what you refer to your meals as in The Netherlands; but in England we have breakfast(morning), dinner or lunch at about half way through the day, then tea (early evening) and maybe also supper (late night). The English language is nothing if not confusing. :)

Incidentally is anyone else having problems with the quote feature? This is the second time recently I have attempted to use it,, but it has not segregated the quote from my reply?

This post was edited

Thanks for that Connaught, it seems to be an intermitant and annoying glitch.

This post was edited