RE: Arent all naturists/nudists voyeurs and exhibitionists?

this is a good read this post

This post was edited

I believe that there is some voyeur and exhibitionist in all of us!! I think the curiosity is a natural emotion in all people!! Curiosity doesn't make you an evil person or bad nudist!! I have been a curious person my whole life, But I don't make it a practice to stare at others that I may be nude or clothed with. That is just plain rude.

This post was edited

Different strokes for different folks!That depends on who and what you're stroking.

This post was edited

Being a Naturist / Nudist, I'm always delighted in meeting nudists, so automatically this makes me a voyeur and showing up naked, does make me an exhibitionist. As wonderfully and eloquent this article started, there is some good points about it, but also some points,I do not agree with. I love to socialize naked with other naked people and go along to naturist/nudist events, which feels different to be wrapped up in textile.

This post was edited

I'm glad this has finally been addressed, but unfortunately the negative preconceptions have already been set in place and will be hard to shake.

This post was edited
RE: responding at 4am

I think it is natural for everyone to want to see the differences in other peoples bodies. The human body is fascinating and no two are 100% the same. In a way we are all scientists who want to study the world around us so I see nothing wrong with wanting to see other humans as well. I don't think that is called voyeurism. That is a term that is supposed to only be applied to folks who get aroused or get off on the sneakyness or hiding, or unawareness of the whole thing. I think it a better idea to have permission to look and if you are in a social nude setting i believe permission to look is implied since we all should know that it is natural to look at a human being as opposed to the background since our eyes are naturally drawn to living or moving things. That much we are so we will want to look. Don't you all think the human body is fascinating or beautiful? If we didn't look where would we be in medical advances anyway? In some cases we can't see ourselves and need help like for a PAP smear or a bad bug bite on our backs or something. If i had a bee on my head you all better tell me! Those little suckers could kill me.The world does need to know the difference between us and the people who get off on bothering others in one way or another for whatever sexual pleasure. Nudists are also human and sexual beings but that is not always why we like to be nude. Being nude may make certain activities easier between couples or easier to swim or sweat in a steam room but really we are nude just to be nude for whatever reason we want to be. Their is a certain level of happiness that can be gained by being seen by others nude, it can boost our self esteem if they see us and are not repulsed by the sight. I think that is healthy but it doesn't make us exhibitionist. That word is for those who are rude to others by trying to get aroused by the shock value of their exposure.It is great to be close to nature and feel the sun and not have to wear a stupid bathing suit in the pool. Those things are as bad as heals and panty hose....I doubt I could have said any of this better myself. Thank u very much, Violet! We both think alike on this topic down to the letter!

This post was edited