Profile Picture Competition.

I think that this group should have a competition, after all it is a photography group.

My suggestion is that we start with a "Profile Photo Pick" where the best profile pic in our group gets a (nominal) prize.
Now, does anyone have any ideas how we can go about voting?

This topic was edited
RE: Profile Picture Competition.

Okay, good point. So, how about members nominate their favourite profile pic, on a photography basis, not on looks or personal friends and see how it goes from there...?
My pic is not in the comp (obviously, as I'm organizing it) and i ask that you don't nominate yourselves.

So, anyone?

This post was edited

I like the idea of this, but not sure how it will work. I'd like to see people doing work to enter into competition, encouraged to make better profile pics by the challenge. But if you have to then find someone to nominate your work, and can't directly submit your efforts yourself, then the motivation to create isn't there.
I love this idea in concept. I'd love to see us all trying to make better profile pics. I'd like to see the members of this group each DOING new photos to submit and compete with others. But how would that work?

This post was edited

Why waste time with a competition, just send my prize now.

This post was edited

Good point about not being able to nominate your own profile, so maybe that rule can be ignored!

The idea is/was to get people to go out and take a better profile pic.

So, you can nominate yourself!

This post was edited

I like HungDNguyen best. There are several creative ones though.

This post was edited

Already sent. It's an autographed photo of cheef.
I shall treasure it for eternity.

This post was edited

I thought this is simple. Just go to group members, pick an icon I fancy and click to see the profile pic. How wrong can I be! all the ones I looked at had their profiles set to private or photos set to friends only. Are tey disqualified? Well I gave up anyway as there are hundreds in the group.

This post was edited