How to come out of the nudism closet.

Enjoy nudism, do it all the time at home, but haven't done any formal nudism(sober at least). What is the best general way to go?
Briefly in regards to me personally: Really anti-social. Too embarassed to be open with anyone I know about it, though some might know about it. Haven't been to a resort, clothing optional, group gathering etc. It seems like a majority of people here don't like an erection and I can't predict whether it will happen and if I'll be see as some quiet pervert. Also it seems to make matters worse, I'm single, male, 27, and partially motivated by my inability to get a girlfriend. Also(as of the last 8 hrs) unemployed. Considered nude modeling before this happened but am more professional about this now as opposed to recreational. I know this sounds pathetic and I've already been told I have mental issues on previous erection posts, but any serious advice would be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE: How to come out of the nudism closet.

Hay, you've already started. Youve joined this site, put up some pics and got into a discussion. When I first came out last November I found the comments and discussions from other TN members very encouraging. They soon brought me out. My next step was taking a holiday at a nudist guest house somewhere hot. There was no problem in them taking a single man like me. So far I've been on 3 nudist holidays this year. Each guest house is different and has different attitudes to sex and where and when to get naked. I just took a little time to find the house rules.
There are quite a few discussions on this site about men's erections. Ok I'm older so it's less of a "problem" with me. But as someone said - the subject comes up more often than the object. Personally I think it can be a perfectly natural reaction sometimes. There is always the sun hat or the towelto cover any embarassment..

This post was edited

Enjoy nudism, do it all the time at home, but haven't done any formal nudism(sober at least). What is the best general way to go?Briefly in regards to me personally: Really anti-social. Too embarassed to be open with anyone I know about it, though some might know about it. Haven't been to a resort, clothing optional, group gathering etc. It seems like a majority of people here don't like an erection and I can't predict whether it will happen and if I'll be see as some quiet pervert. Also it seems to make matters worse, I'm single, male, 27, and partially motivated by my inability to get a girlfriend. Also(as of the last 8 hrs) unemployed. Considered nude modeling before this happened but am more professional about this now as opposed to recreational. I know this sounds pathetic and I've already been told I have mental issues on previous erection posts, but any serious advice would be appreciated.
My path is one of personal nudism. I am not in it for meeting other nudists. I am in it for the love of being nude. I've looked for places to go that are "nudism friendly" in that the police/rangers/etc. are not going to have a problem with you, or are not even going to go there. It has basically been searching for places that have historically been places where nudists go to sunbathe/swim nude. You don't need to go there with anyone. Go by yourseld on a beautiful day.
I find it more confortabe to be nude in those places when other nudists are there. Safety in numbers. I don't go an put my towel next to them. Find a quiet spot and set up camp. The "social" nudism for me has come with those same people walking around a little. The converstations start out as any normal converation starts with someone new. After going back a few times, the conversations link together and get more substantial.
I was also really concerned about the erection problem. It does not take much for me to get an erection, especially when my wife is around. I've tested a little, in that while talking to people I've imagined "what if I was naked right now during this conversation," which made me a poor listener for that conversation. Unfortunately, I did start to get excited.
It turns out though, that when I am actually naked, and someone nude comes by, I am not actually thinking about being naked or that I am naked. The arousal just didn't materialize. The arousal came when thinking about being naked when others were not, or thinking about being naked with the other person being naked too. When I am actually out there, I am not thinking about being naked.
I don't know if it will go that way, but I had read all over the place that you will not have a problem, and it turns out that I didn't.
That being said, I recommend starting at a nude beach/ nude bathign area, where others are out there just enjoying the sun, and setting up as if you were at a regular beach. When all is set, take your shorts of and camly sit down and feel the sun. Feel the air, take a deep breath and let your shoulders relax and sink down. Most likely, nobody will be watching you, since that is not why they are there. Don't worry about anyone else.
If you do start to get aroused, pull a towel or some shorts over your genitals and relax, or roll onto your stomach and relax. The whole point of being there is to relax and enjoy the sun, so focus on that. I would bet that you would be able to sit there without getting aroused and would see people get up and stratch their legs a little and you would still be fine.
That's how it went for me. I generally stand up when someone comes by and says hi, or strikes up a conversation. It is more about rudeness of not standing up when a person that is standing talks to you. Our attire never entered into my though process. I don't know how I will react if that person is a woman though. As I am happily married, I am not sure how I would handle that. I am pretty sure that would be telling my wife about it. I am straight and happy, so straight men or gay men are not an issue at all. I feel I'd need to tell my wife if I ended up chatting with a nude women. Just my sense of right an wrong I guess.
In summary, go somewhere for you, where others are there for themselves. Everything else should fall in line all by itself. Worst case, you put your shorts on, go home and come back another day to try again.

This post was edited

I bit long to bother posting, but very good advice from LondoSon. A nude beach is probably a good place to explore first. I went to a small resort that was single male freindly and had no problems at all. The people were very nice and didn't care at all that I was alone. I wasn't the only single male there either.

This post was edited