Being Naked around Buds

Was just in an interesting place with a bud that I have been friends with for many years. We went to Las Vegas a few weeks back. I wanted to go to a mens spa but did not want the guys I went went with to know about it.....anyway, I went to the spa and was sitting in the hot tub naked when my bud walks in, we see each other and have a moment of reality....he dropped his towel and got in....I was a little freaked by it but after a few mins was calmer. When it came time to get out, we both agreed it was awkward and just do it....so we did and it was not that strange really. He went off to get a massage and I went to another part of the spa but we got back together at the juice bar at the end and talked about guy stuff of the trip. It was odd but liberating....anybody else have an experience like that with a bud where you both were suddenly naked in front of each other?

This topic was edited
RE: Being Naked around Buds

I don't understand what was awkward about the incident that you mentioned.

This post was edited

My best friend and I have seen each other naked and we're totally okay with it. It didn't bother us the very first time we saw each other (which was in a locker room) and since then we've just accepted it as part of life.

This post was edited

Think it depends on the context - if you go the gym with a pal then he'll have seen you naked in the locker room so there won't be any embarassment

This post was edited

I use to worry a bit when I went away with mates staying in motel rooms etc but don't now. One mate that I've known for over 30 years sometimes will walk around and sleep naked and then other times he won't. Most of my mates I've stayed with sleep in just undies so when it comes time for bed I pop into bed with mine on and then shed them when the lights go out. If I'm staying with mates that walk around the motel naked I will also but if they don't I won't either. I always carry a dressing gown for that morning walk from the bed to the shower (and to cover up that morning wood. ..lol..).

This post was edited

A long time close guy friend came and stayed with me a few days. Even though we see each other about once a year he hadn't been to our house in many years.
Anyway, he's in our swimming pool when I go up, I put a suit on since I hadn't had time to tell him we go sans suits. But as soon as I get in I tell him we usually don't wear suits. He said that's fine with him so I pulled mine off and he followed suit, (pun intended)
We spent the next couple of days in the pool without suits, no big deal, but he repeatidly asked my wife it it bothered her, which it did not.
But after he'd left I did kind of wonder if maybe I'd pushed a friendship boundary, he did tell me he's usually nude at home when possible but it left me wondering. Nudity in front of someone is not something you can take back.
While I'm comfortable nude in most any situation, being nude around long timeguy friendsthat you've never been nude around is a bit awkward. Newer friends I wouldn't give it a second thought, part of learning the friendship.

This post was edited

In a shared-room or shared-tent situation, I won't necessarily socialize naked, but I don't worry about the convenient, incidental nudity involved in undressing for bed, dressing for the day, or moving from bed to bath or outside to pee. I just don't own underwear, pajamas, or other special garments for occasions like that.
I kinda tot up a list of which friends will have noticed that I'm comfortable with nudity, and always feel closer to someone once that little barrier is crossed. The sooner the better; yes, it is easier with newer friends.

This post was edited

I have a small camping trailer, and prior to getting married, would frequently go on road trips with friends. Most of us would sleep naked and not really bother to dress if there weren't anyone camping near us out in the wilderness. It was not anything sexual, just being guys and being comfortable

This post was edited

I've been naked with my friends and have no problem with it. We've been camping and I love to sit by the fire naked ... I'm home naked and they come over ... what the hell ... I'm comfortable ...

This post was edited

I have no problem being nude around my friends....sometimes they just assume I'm nude!I do forget occasionally, and have disrobed around ppl without warning, and have got little reaction. I do it so naturally and not make a big deal out of it, so no one really blinks an eye!

This post was edited

Really depends on the guy and how close you are, it can be great if you are relaxed enough to be nude around your mates. Being a relatively recent naturist I havent done this much, but when I have, its been a great feeling.

This post was edited