A Dilemma...Looking for your creative input...

Let me set the scene for you then present the dilemma. We have just moved and across the street is 600 acres of remote state forest, complete with what used to be a reservoir and hiking trails (although unsanctioned buthike-able). The prospects for nude hiking is absolutely the best possible scenario because of the 'unmarked, unblazed' but wide open trails, as well as the fact that many local residents still think that the property is private and owned by the water authority. Because it is State forest, hunting is allowed in there and we are reminded on a daily basis by the infrequent sounds of shotgun blasts.
We have contacted the state and they have told us that the forest is for the public enjoyment, and one persons type of recreational use, i.e. hunting, should not prohibit others from using (hiking) the property too. It was advised that if we should hike during hunting season, to wear safety orange so we can be seen.
So here's the dilemma:
So the hunters go off the main trails so that the PETA people don't interfere with their hunting. If we see a hunter, we should just wave hello so they can see us so they know that we are human and continue walking. BUT, if we were to hike nude, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves but yet need to be seen by the hunters.
Give it some thought...how does one keep from drawing attention to one's self, while drawing attention to one's self for safety sake?

This topic was edited
RE: A Dilemma...Looking for your creative input...

Surely, someone has some ideas.... we know that safety is always first concern.... this is a hypothetical thought provoking, fun, type of creativity

This post was edited

I probable spend as much time hiking textile as I do nude hiking. I really think during hunting season u should take a break and hike elsewhere. Inexperienced hunters are not known to be cautious and it is not worth it. An ass full of buck shot can ruin your day. Bob

This post was edited

Surely, someone has some ideas.... we know that safety is always first concern.... this is a hypothetical thought provoking, fun, type of creativity
Hi guys, my only advice is to do what I do. Don't hike nude (or any hiking) during hunting season. I know, you have as much right to be there as they do. Here in PA, hunting season is not really that long compared to non hunting season. I do know that there are many many people out in the woods during hunting season that should never be allowed to carry firearms. But of course they have that right. Every year at least one person is killed in PA due to another hunter taking a "sound shot" That means they hear something they shoot. "Damn, I thought he was a deer"
But you mix these people with someone who is nude and scaring "their game" to boot and the outcome can't be good.
Sorry, to be a bummer. But here in PA we have 2 MILLION hunters in the woods in the next couple of weeks. I'll stick to my hot tub.

This post was edited

Anyone foolish enough to be hiking in an area with trigger happy hunters, is in need of psychiatric treatment. Clothed or nude, no sane person would be there.

This post was edited

we do understand the safety aspect of it, and we do have full safety orange vests to wear too....this is a hypothetical, crazy whimsical thought process that we had which we would hope that people would come up with creative or comical ideas for.
Of course were not going to put ourselves in harms way....
Let me set up this visual.... you don't want to be seen so you don't get caught hiking nude by anyone including the local rangers, which rarely visit this remote area... but you don't want to be hiking nude with a bright orange vest and cap either, kinda defeats the nude hiking part....so... let's come up with some creative ways to make this work....
in reality it is a true dilemma, how does one enjoy a NUDE hike without getting shot, or without being seen?

This post was edited

BTW, hunting season starts here in the first week of September and goes till the end of January.....

This post was edited

I have done a lot of land surveying in wooded areas and always dreaded it because of all the biting insects, flies, nettles, thorns, poison ivy, oak and sumac, bees, wasps and chiggers. Why any one would want to hike nude in such a place is beyond me.
If you insist that this is the thing to do, don't hike nude during hunting season and always wear brightly colored hats and vests. To avoid the poachers during the non hunting seasons post signs saying, "Watch for Nude Hikers". Poachers will be very careful about what they shoot at. If you meet a textile along the trail, just give them a very warm greeting, and make them feel that they are out of place here. (LOL)

This post was edited

How about bright orange or fluorescent green body paint? Dont forget the bright orange hardhat, preferably with a red light rotating on top!

This post was edited

I don't hunt on public lands due to the number of hunters on public lands who aren't smart enough, or worse sober enough, to not mistake someone wearing blaze orange as required by law here for game. On the creative side, body paint would work best. Since I hunt on private land and know when someone else is out there hunting, I often hunt nude because I don't have to worry about scent on clothes scaring away deer. I also don't have to worry about the blaze orange requirement since I am on private land. I have often come real close to deer while hiking nude because I was natural.

This post was edited

I enjoy hiking and mountain biking but don't do it during hunting season, if I had 40 acres *I wouldn't hike it because of that one person who would mistake me for a deer or whatever. Take a break if you got that paradise that close by it won't go anywhere.

This post was edited