Location, Location, Location

I know you guys are busy, but I really do not understand why none of the updates or additions to the locations have been posted. I have added several, as have others, but none of them seem to get processed. As an example, almost a month ago I tried to add Riverside Ranch to the listings. I am now living here and I still cannot get it listed. Is there some specific reason? What am I doing wrong? Also, I know that I have messaged you at least once and so has another member and neither of us have received a responce. Can you please tell us why our requests are being ignored? Please? I know that I would want to have all the resorts listed in the database for reference.
Sorry to bother you,
Sincerely,
Jerry

This topic was edited
RE: Location, Location, Location

Yeah I have noticed a leave of absence from the powers that be, as I've had some issues of my own that need resolving. Hopefully they will make an appearence here soon....

This post was edited

Running a site like this can end up being a full time job. I don't think they have so much left us to our own devices here as much as perhaps gotten busy with all the other things life throughs at us from time to time. I'm sure they are still around but considering the recent popularity of the place have perhaps fallen behind in the daily upkeep. It would be nice if they appointed some kind soul to help out around here with the daily chores though.

This post was edited

Running a site like this can end up being a full time job. I don't think they have so much left us to our own devices here as much as perhaps gotten busy with all the other things life throughs at us from time to time. I'm sure they are still around but considering the recent popularity of the place have perhaps fallen behind in the daily upkeep. It would be nice if they appointed some kind soul to help out around here with the daily chores though.

Yeah, I was thinking that too Steve, which is why I haven't really said anything. But with the site's gaining popularity, maybe they should consider passing on some of the reins to the users on here? Like, maybe the people who are certified. I've seen it on other sites, where posters are moderators and it has worked well for the most part (I would be more than willing to put my time in for that). The most time consuming part of running a site is moderating it. If they assigned some moderators from various timezones over the world, then that would take a huge load off so they can work on things like site maintenance.

This post was edited

Thanks to TrueTeam 1, more locations have been added...... wooohooo!!!!
Thank you very much.
Jerry

This post was edited

Yeah, I was thinking that too Steve, which is why I haven't really said anything. But with the site's gaining popularity, maybe they should consider passing on some of the reins to the users on here? Like, maybe the people who are certified. I've seen it on other sites, where posters are moderators and it has worked well for the most part (I would be more than willing to put my time in for that). The most time consuming part of running a site is moderating it. If they assigned some moderators from various timezones over the world, then that would take a huge load off so they can work on things like site maintenance.
Perhaps that's something they will have to look at in the future. Honestly though other than a few kinks here and there things do seem to be running rather smoothly all things considered. The time zone thing can be a real pain if you're trying to moderate in real time. It's just not possible for someone to sit up 24/7 watching the chat and all the other odds and ends. I can only imagine what their inbox must look like.

This post was edited

Perhaps that's something they will have to look at in the future. Honestly though other than a few kinks here and there things do seem to be running rather smoothly all things considered. The time zone thing can be a real pain if you're trying to moderate in real time. It's just not possible for someone to sit up 24/7 watching the chat and all the other odds and ends. I can only imagine what their inbox must look like.

Yeah, it is kind of impossible for one person to do it. I don't know, I think one of the biggest draws to this site is that it's moderated and I've been seeing more and more complaints about it. Though, to be honest, I don't think that it's that much of a problem compaired to some of the other sites I've seen. lol Saying that though, I've seen a couple of incidents in the chatroom that could've been avoided if a moderator was there. I think that that if they did get some more moderators here and word got out that this site was fully moderated, it would become huge.

This post was edited