i don't know where to begin

Hi, i know this sounds daft, but although i've been a lone nudist for 3 years, this is the first time i've ever been on a nudist site, and i just don't know where to begin. The trouble is i'm really shy about it. I read somewhere once that the general impression of the public about males that like to be nude is that they must be gay. I'm personally not gay, but i love the freedom of being nude. I don't know, i just don't want anyone to think i'm gay just because i hate clothes. Apart from that, i'm just really embarrassed about admitting i'm a nudist, even to any of you good folks on here. I realize the problem is with me and i want to liberate myself from this reservedness i feel. I really dread coming on here but i want to! I feel stuck!!! Does that make sense? Anyone got any suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE: i don't know where to begin

Nudism is for all not just gays. It is a lifestyle choice not to where clothes. It gives us the freedom we seek, and it feels down right great to have the air being the thing against your body instead of clothes. So get nude relax nobody thinks your gay in fact we don't think anything except you want to be nude like us.

This post was edited

Bah, who cares what people think of you? Do they know you? It's not like you are ever going to see them again and besides, you know your sexual orientation and that should be all that matters. Though, in all honesty, while there are some nudist beaches that are "gay hangouts" as far as I know, being a nudist and being gay is not usually mentioned in the same sentence. So relax and enjoy yourself and stop thinking about what others think. It's just not worth the hassel.

This post was edited

Yeah. I agree. People label other people before they look at them selves. Nude beaches have become sleazy here in Central FL. Guys hitting on guys too much. That is why I go out of the way to find secluded spots.

This post was edited

Newnude, sometimes best way to manage to get into a cold lake is to jump head on. Other times a slow wading from the shore gives best results. We are all different and the way that work with us also differ, as well as situations we face when first confronting the social aspect of nudity. Welcome to the site and joining this community is the first real step of your "coming out". Next you should think some of the following options:
- contact some nude recreation club/association and find out about their activities and eventually go to some that fits your ideas
- get in touch with some more experienced nudie from your area (for instance through this site) and go with him/her to some nude venue like beach or a nude get-together/club
- travel to some continental nude resort, and enjoy the complete anonymity from your everyday circles
- find secluded spots to enjoy nudity outdoors without having to worry about other people around at first
- if you want to go to a nude event/venue and feel extremely nervous about it, a brief meditation or a small dose of some drug like diazepam or good old alcohol might relax you enough for the first try (remember NOT to overdo if you decide to opt for chemical substances for encouragement!!)
- if you have a girlfriend or someone else you intimate with, learn to be nude with her (as you indicated u not gay I presume it would be her....) in all possible situations that are not related to sexual actions

Maybe some of those things you find out worth trying and even help you get more relaxed about your nudity in presence of other people. Just remember, no matter which amount of friendly advice you get, only you can figure out which particular methods might work with you as a stepstone to more relaxed nude existence.
Wish you all the best
TravelNudie aka Aki

This post was edited

I have also noticed that some gay beaches have become predominantly frequented by the gay crowd. Especially those close to large cities - I think of how Wreck Beach in Vancouver is now. While I dont care about what anyone's sexual orientation is, it offends me that there are a lot of people using the nude beaches as pick up areas, and places to find quick, annonymous, and casual sexual encounters.
We all understand that that is NOT the purpose behind nude beaches, and the only way to counter that activity is to LOUDLY express your displeasure if you see it happening. Shame the perverts!
But the original thread was dealing with a certain shyness and image issues, and I have to agree with swift hawk, who cares what people think about you. So long as you are enjoying the sunshine in your own way and are causing no issues, then nature is there to be enjoyed!
Perhaps think about finding a remote place you enjoy to practice your naturism, get comfortable with being nude outdoors, then try graduating to a more populated area, or perhaps a club of some kind.
Most importantly, get your kit OFF and enjoy being in the fresh air!
Cheers

This post was edited

Just because you are a male nudist does not mean you are gay. The only thing I can tell about a nude person when I see him or her is that he (or she) has no problem with being seen nude in mixed company. Very often those going nude in public for the first time take a while to adjust to it. It can often take as long as 15 minutes. After that you realize how comfortable being nude and think nothing about it.

I am a single male currently living in a clothing optional community. Some of the nudists I have met are gay and some are not. I am not gay but I dont get upset with those that are. I judge a person on the way he behaves, not his color, sexual orientation, eye color, or whatever. I have gay friends and straight friends all I care about is that they are my friends.

This post was edited

Well to be honest, in your post you seem to be really stuck on the idea of being thought of as gay. You have a bit of homophobia in yourself to clean out before you are ever really comfortable with going to a nude beach
Hi, thanx all for your kind comments and advice. I just read my original comment again, and yeah, i suppose it does seem a bit homophobic.. I didn't mean it to sound that way. I've got a couple of female friends that are gay (one's married to another woman), and i once had a gay male friend, a long time ago now, so i 'm not homophobic, honest. i'm not gay myself but i couldn't care less if anyone else is. I don't judge other peoples sexuality. I'm sorry for any offence i may have caused.I suppose i know the time's gonna come, when, if i'm serious i'm gonna have to post pics of myself on here, and quite frankly, i've never done anything like it before and the thought is freaking me out!! That's all i can sensibly say without getting anyone else's back up!!

This post was edited

Well to be honest, in your post you seem to be really stuck on the idea of being thought of as gay. You have a bit of homophobia in yourself to clean out before you are ever really comfortable with going to a nude beach
Hi, thanx all for your kind comments and advice. I just read my original comment again, and yeah, i suppose it does seem a bit homophobic.. I didn't mean it to sound that way. I've got a couple of female friends that are gay (one's married to another woman), and i once had a gay male friend, a long time ago now, so i 'm not homophobic, honest. i'm not gay myself but i couldn't care less if anyone else is. I don't judge other peoples sexuality. I'm sorry for any offence i may have caused.I suppose i know the time's gonna come, when, if i'm serious i'm gonna have to post pics of myself on here, and quite frankly, i've never done anything like it before and the thought is freaking me out!! That's all i can sensibly say without getting anyone else's back up!!

Mate, don't sweat it. There is no obligation to post nude pics of yourself here, none at all. When and if you are ready, then do it, but don't feel pressured to do so.

This post was edited

About 14 years ago I went to a nudist resort because I wanted to go skinny-dipping like I used to at the YMCA before it went co-ed and required bathing suits. Prior to then I had no problem being nude in front of other males while swimming or changing in the locker room. I never considered going around nude for any extended period of time, never in mixed company, and never for no good reason at all.

Before my first visit I practiced by going around nude alone in my apartment because I felt that I could not be comfortable nude in front of other people if I wasa not comfortable being nude by myself.

It was during my first visit to that resort that I found out how comfortable being nude was. I liked feeling the fresh air and warm sunshine all over my body. It was a turning point in my life. I just wanted to go skinny-dipping, I never thought I would like being nude so much that I would move into a clothing optional community where I could go around nude pretty much all the time.

Tonight I will be going to the lodge for dinner and then stay to watch the movie. During dinner I will be sitting at a table with about 5 other people. I expect most of us will benude likeI am now

This post was edited

Why dont you advertize for a female nudist who would like a companion to visit resorts with?

This post was edited