RE: First social nudism experience

I guess mine would have been visiting Blacks Beach in San Diego when I was stationed out there.

This post was edited

I wish I could have a similar experience(s), I'm having a real problem finding local nudists to hang out with and become friends with.

This post was edited

I introduced my wife to nudism and she never hesitated at the first nude event we went to. Soon we started hosting events at our house and it's not uncommon to have 30+ at many of them.

This post was edited

Last week my GF and I were in St Martin. She knew I wanted to go to Club O. so we went. She had gone topfree on the beach before (briefly with her BFF) but this was her first time in a nudist environment. So she was taken aback a little when I tossed my swimshorts and joined the rest of the crowd. But not one to waste an opportunity, she nonetheless hesitantly took off her top and sat back quietly.

• That could have been it for the day; but some friendly nudists sitting next to us started chatting with her. Again, she was initially taken aback that these completely nude people were starting conversations with her. But soon enough she started relaxing and enjoying the bit of conversation. She turned to me and whispered that she was actually amazed that she was topless, talking with nude people; and on top of that she was really getting comfortable with it!

As her self-consciousness started fading, I proposed we go for a swim. We headed into the warm water...and next thing I knew she was holding her bottoms in one hand! We swam for a little while; and when came time to return to our chairs, I fully expected her to put her bottoms back on, but he just walked out still holding them! We arrived and she just tossed them smilingly before drying off. She spent our last moments nude on the beach before heading out to dinner.This was her first time ever being a nudist.
  1. Ironically, my ex's first time was very similar. Hesitant first steps...until nudists started talking to her. The initial "shock" was replaced by relaxation. My ex began her day clutching to her clothes; and ended it completely nude chatting with the manager.

Maybe there is something to be said about making the first time social rather than isolated. I've seen many first-timers encounter friendly nudists; and subsequently find the "inspiration" to be nude. You just have to findthe right crowd of people.

This post was edited

Maybe there is something to be said about making the first time social rather than isolated. I've seen many first-timers encounter friendly nudists; and subsequently find the "inspiration" to be nude. You just have to findthe right crowd of people.There absolutely is at least for some people. In the late 90s my wife and I were going to Grand Lido Negril in Jamaica and I asked if we could stay on the nude side. She said okay but I was not to bother her and she was not going to participate. While there we met a great group of people and were having a blast. Two days into the trip I was playing volleyball in the pool nude and she was in the nearby hot tub talking with some of the people we had met. She got up and left, I thought she was just going to the restroom. Instead, she went to the room and lost the swimsuit and walked back to the pool area nude. That was the last we saw of the suit. Since then we have gone on other trips to resorts and she periodically goes with me to Laguna Del Sol. In April we are going to Cypress Cove in Florida! (Can't wait). She's not a full-time nudist like I am but is not shy does wander the house nude at times and does understand the freedom and ultimate relaxation of going to a nude resort. She even says that the people are awesome and so much more friendly at the nude resorts and they are the ones that convinced her.

This post was edited

Last week my GF and I were in St Martin. She knew I wanted to go to Club O. so we went. She had gone topfree on the beach before (briefly with her BFF) but this was her first time in a nudist environment. So she was taken aback a little when I tossed my swimshorts and joined the rest of the crowd. But not one to waste an opportunity, she nonetheless hesitantly took off her top and sat back quietly.That could have been it for the day; but some friendly nudists sitting next to us started chatting with her. Again, she was initially taken aback that these completely nude people were starting conversations with her. But soon enough she started relaxing and enjoying the bit of conversation. She turned to me and whispered that she was actually amazed that she was topless, talking with nude people; and on top of that she was really getting comfortable with it!As her self-consciousness started fading, I proposed we go for a swim. We headed into the warm water...and next thing I knew she was holding her bottoms in one hand! We swam for a little while; and when came time to return to our chairs, I fully expected her to put her bottoms back on, but he just walked out still holding them! We arrived and she just tossed them smilingly before drying off. She spent our last moments nude on the beach before heading out to dinner.This was her first time ever being a nudist.Ironically, my ex's first time was very similar. Hesitant first steps...until nudists started talking to her. The initial "shock" was replaced by relaxation. My ex began her day clutching to her clothes; and ended it completely nude chatting with the manager.Maybe there is something to be said about making the first time social rather than isolated. I've seen many first-timers encounter friendly nudists; and subsequently find the "inspiration" to be nude. You just have to findthe right crowd of people.Another success story! For you and your GF, this is what worked for her and for both of you. It's no secret between us that Club Orient is our favorite Caribbean destination and we've met lifelong friends on the beach at Club O. I suspect your GF will want to return again and again! Cheers! ;-)

This post was edited

Last week my GF and I were in St Martin. She knew I wanted to go to Club O. so we went. She had gone topfree on the beach before (briefly with her BFF) but this was her first time in a nudist environment. So she was taken aback a little when I tossed my swimshorts and joined the rest of the crowd. But not one to waste an opportunity, she nonetheless hesitantly took off her top and sat back quietly.That could have been it for the day; but some friendly nudists sitting next to us started chatting with her. Again, she was initially taken aback that these completely nude people were starting conversations with her. But soon enough she started relaxing and enjoying the bit of conversation. She turned to me and whispered that she was actually amazed that she was topless, talking with nude people; and on top of that she was really getting comfortable with it!As her self-consciousness started fading, I proposed we go for a swim. We headed into the warm water...and next thing I knew she was holding her bottoms in one hand! We swam for a little while; and when came time to return to our chairs, I fully expected her to put her bottoms back on, but he just walked out still holding them! We arrived and she just tossed them smilingly before drying off. She spent our last moments nude on the beach before heading out to dinner.This was her first time ever being a nudist.Ironically, my ex's first time was very similar. Hesitant first steps...until nudists started talking to her. The initial "shock" was replaced by relaxation. My ex began her day clutching to her clothes; and ended it completely nude chatting with the manager.Maybe there is something to be said about making the first time social rather than isolated. I've seen many first-timers encounter friendly nudists; and subsequently find the "inspiration" to be nude. You just have to findthe right crowd of people.Nudony that is excellent! The part I didn't like was you being in St. Martin without us.

This post was edited

Last week my GF and I were in St Martin. She knew I wanted to go to Club O. so we went. She had gone topfree on the beach before (briefly with her BFF) but this was her first time in a nudist environment. So she was taken aback a little when I tossed my swimshorts and joined the rest of the crowd. But not one to waste an opportunity, she nonetheless hesitantly took off her top and sat back quietly.That could have been it for the day; but some friendly nudists sitting next to us started chatting with her. Again, she was initially taken aback that these completely nude people were starting conversations with her. But soon enough she started relaxing and enjoying the bit of conversation. She turned to me and whispered that she was actually amazed that she was topless, talking with nude people; and on top of that she was really getting comfortable with it!As her self-consciousness started fading, I proposed we go for a swim. We headed into the warm water...and next thing I knew she was holding her bottoms in one hand! We swam for a little while; and when came time to return to our chairs, I fully expected her to put her bottoms back on, but he just walked out still holding them! We arrived and she just tossed them smilingly before drying off. She spent our last moments nude on the beach before heading out to dinner.This was her first time ever being a nudist.Ironically, my ex's first time was very similar. Hesitant first steps...until nudists started talking to her. The initial "shock" was replaced by relaxation. My ex began her day clutching to her clothes; and ended it completely nude chatting with the manager.Maybe there is something to be said about making the first time social rather than isolated. I've seen many first-timers encounter friendly nudists; and subsequently find the "inspiration" to be nude. You just have to findthe right crowd of people.Nudony that is excellent! The part I didn't like was you being in St. Martin without us.
I agree completely! LOL

This post was edited

My wife's first social nude experience was decades after we'd adopted the nudist lifestyle for ourselves and our girls. After 20 years as home and backyard nudists, I needed to stretch my nudist wings and wanted us to visit clubs, resorts ... or a beach. After some preliminary scouting of our closest nude beach, I convince Di to go with me. Remain clothed (t shirt/shorts/flip flops) the entire time if she wanted. At any time, if she felt uncomfortable or wanted to leave, just tell me and we'll leave. At least she'd given it a try.
We arrived and she stopped cold, momentarily,on the final leg of the trail once she saw over 200 naked bodies on the beach. I stopped and said ... " don't want to do it?" She said ... " just give me a little nudge." I did, told her it would be fine and we'd sit by ourselves so she could observe. We found a spot, set up our chairs and blanket, cooler and I stripped. She was a little shocked that I was so willing to do so, so quickly. I had visited several times before, alone, and she instantly remembered and said ... "oh yeah, you've done this already."
We sat for about 10 mins and I said that I was going to go down to the water and dip my feet in. I stood out there looking back at her and wondered if when I returned to our chairs, if I'd be packing all that stuff back up the hill in short order. I walked back up there and what she needed was for me to leave her alone for a few minutes so she could observe on her own without me looking for her reaction to what was going on, on the beach. I sat down, she got up and I thought ... "this is it, we're going home." Standing there she said ... "this is dumb," and she took off her top and slip down her shorts and was instantly naked! She sat back down and said ... "I was the only one on this beach with clothes on. That made me feel more uncomfortable than being naked."
That was a shorter day than I would have liked but what she said to me was what I needed and wanted to hear ... "we'll come back soon, I promise." We did and the rest is history. I'm very fortunate to have a willing, participating partner and I never take her for granted.

I think one thing worked for me and it seems to have worked for others is that, nudism starts at home. My wife and many other wives, girlfriends, significant others get comfortable with nudity on a regular basis at home and maybe even outside on their property, before going social and going to a beach or club/resort. I just kept putting it out there and luckily my wife was willing to say ... "no yet but someday." She finally made the decision and said ... "ok, I'm ready to try the beach." Her decision, her timeframe.

This post was edited