First social nudism experience

Not sure which area we should post this in Newbie Nude, Things to do nude or Couples. But we did do it as a couple so here it is.
We had heard of a local man that had been into nudism for many years but had drifted away from social nudism some, so I called him and set up a meeting one morning for coffee. All went well and we ended inviting him to come for a visit at our home. After showing him around we were sitting and just visiting I ask him if he would be more comfortable nude and he said he sure would be. So he and I pulled off our clothes. Sue said that she would remain dressed and we told her no problem. After about 45 min. she went in another room and when she returned she had undressed. There we were just 3 naked people sitting, visiting and enjoying life for a couple of hours. We all found this first experience pleasant and there's sure to be more times ahead for us. My advise for couples with hesitant spouses: No Pressure, just enjoy it and when they see how much fun you're having maybe they'll want to join in.

This topic was edited
RE: First social nudism experience

That's great

This post was edited

I very much enjoy reading first time experiences. It's like a large light bulb over your head that went on.

This post was edited

Glad to hear that things turned out okay. The only thing that bemuses me is why people go to another room to undress when the folks they are leaving are the ones who will see them nude anyway. I guess there is some reason behind it, but I am too dumb to work it out.

This post was edited

I think undressing in another room for her first experience was for the "Ta-Da here I am" effect. Because later she ask me if I was surprised that she had joined us.

This post was edited

Hmm ... Well, I think it depends on a lot of factors. It's one thing to get your kit off when you're on a nude beach or at a naturist resort for the first time ... it's something pretty different when you've been together a lot before, but always kept your clothes on. So I can understand even seasoned nudist being less then comfortable getting together for a first time with friends who are nudists, but who in whose presence they have never been naked, nor has the other been naked.
But sometimes it just "has to happen"; and then there's a huge, if quiet, sigh of relief: we've gotten beyond this point, too!
Stay naked --
says the Naked Badger

This post was edited

My first social nudism experience was while I was in the Navy and stationed onboard a Gearing Class destroyer docked at Treasure Island.Ashipmate and I hadgone on liberty and were headed to Santa Cruz, Ca for the day when we passed a bunch of cars parked on the side of the road. We were curious, stopped and wondered what all the cars were doing there. We stumbled onto Bonny Doon nude beach. Didn't think twice about it, went back to the car, got my sleeping bag and headed down there to join in. Never made it to Santa Cruz til later that evening. Returned to Bonny Doon numerous times and made some friends of the local college coeds, even spent the night on the beach a few times. And that was my "first" social nudism experience. ; )

This post was edited

Aside from "skinny dipping" with the neighbor kids when I was a youngun....My 1st expierence was @ Sunsport Gardens in Loxahatchee, Florida. Morley and Anne are laid back, and quickly remove ay feelings of embarrassment you may be feeling. We love the ability to go to a nudist resort and to socialize with like minded folk...orrelaxing here @ home around the pool in the nude.....

This post was edited

I thank my very patient husband for my first experience. We had been nude at home most of the time but due to a geographical change of residence, the opportunity presented itself to privatize our new backyard and visit a resort.
The first time was just the 'tour'. The tour was amazing! Being a slightly rubenesque female formerly of the corporate world that prides itself on 'image', it was more than pleasant to see such a cross section of wonderful people and individuals, all warm and welcoming to a new comer. What a revelation, to say the least!
It was a place where age, size, race, scars, nothing mattered! It was all about the person as a whole, not the parts.
When we returned to the resort, I believe I was the first to disrobe, grab a towel and head on in! We have many good friends in many places and hope to make many, many more.
Cheri is right, a huge light bulb went on!
This is a great community and the textile world could learn a lot from it.

This post was edited

I had never participated in social nudism,until my first visit to Rock Haven lodge.Sure I had done some skinny-dipping in the dead of nite.After a little research,I decided to give social nudism a try.I made the trip to Rock haven during the week,so there was nobody else there.After checking in and paying my day fee,I went back to the car and undressed.As I walked towards the pool,the soft breeze caressing my naked flesh,I was hooked.I would happily live in a nudist community.Nudity is freedom and openness,and pure joy.

This post was edited

I know I have already spoken of my first experience, but i wanted to share a great memory I have which help me to realise hoe great it is to be nude. I was about 13 and had stayed over at a friends house. It was a wark Sydney morning and my friend and I were out walking when we past a garden with its gate open. We looked in a saw a car and a young guy working on the car, and yep as you probably guessed he was naked. My friend went on about how it was wrong and I actually said it was pretty cool. A great memory and a situation which made me realise how great being nude is.

This post was edited