RE: Computer question...web cam

You are probably going to too much trouble just to avoid spending a very small amount of $$$ . Go to your nearest WalMart and look in the computer section and you will find lots of webcams ...probably the cheapest new one will be better than an expensive old one . ALSO .. it is the cheap ones that will probably run on ANYTHING ... My advice ... Junk the old webcam and get something cheap that will work on your machine ...Logitech makes cams in all price ranges .

This post was edited

Hey Swifty, ever get that web cam to work????? Need some duct tape???? LOL

Steve

This post was edited

I got a logitech quickcam E1000 from Walmart for $20. The quality is far better than the old one I had and it has mount that will work on skinny screen as well as on flat surface.
Thomas

This post was edited

Well it took some doing (the webcam I have is no longer in existance with Creative lol) but I finally got the little bugger to work. yay! lol

This post was edited

All the options mentioned above are worthwhile. If you want to use the cam you have, go to the manufactures site, eg. Logitech and go to support and downloads. Put in the model number or look for a cam that looks like yours from the list and download the driver. You will have the latest update. If you choose to buy a new cam, even the inexpensive models may have better resolution than the one you have. They have been improving the megapixels and frame speed, plus they have added bells and whistles. If you want, send me the make and model and I will research it for you. If the cam is quite old, it may not work on OS XP and above.

This post was edited

All the options mentioned above are worthwhile. If you want to use the cam you have, go to the manufactures site, eg. Logitech and go to support and downloads. Put in the model number or look for a cam that looks like yours from the list and download the driver. You will have the latest update. If you choose to buy a new cam, even the inexpensive models may have better resolution than the one you have. They have been improving the megapixels and frame speed, plus they have added bells and whistles. If you want, send me the make and model and I will research it for you. If the cam is quite old, it may not work on OS XP and above.

Thanks mate, but I got it sorted. I had to dig through Creative's website, but I finally found all the stuf I needed to get it running. :)

This post was edited