Computer question...web cam

Oki a very kind workmate has given me a computer (yay me!). No idea what's under the hood, but I don't think that really matters to what my question is. Anyways, my question is this, my roomate has a webcam and we had tried to install it on his laptop, but since he doesn't have the disk for the damn thing it wouldn't install. So, I'm wondering, will I have the same problem with this new comp I have (it's a desktop)? For some reason I'm under the impression that stuff just get's updated via the net and what not or I could be wrong in that. In other words, do I need the install disk for this webcam? Any help would be appreciated, as I'm hooking the damn thing up tonight...possibly. lol

This topic was edited
RE: Computer question...web cam

Oki a very kind workmate has given me a computer (yay me!). No idea what's under the hood, but I don't think that really matters to what my question is. Anyways, my question is this, my roomate has a webcam and we had tried to install it on his laptop, but since he doesn't have the disk for the damn thing it wouldn't install. So, I'm wondering, will I have the same problem with this new comp I have (it's a desktop)? For some reason I'm under the impression that stuff just get's updated via the net and what not or I could be wrong in that. In other words, do I need the install disk for this webcam? Any help would be appreciated, as I'm hooking the damn thing up tonight...possibly. lol
I'm guessing here, but If it won't work, try googling the makers name of the cam. I think with a bit of luck you should be able to find it on the net a download what you need.

This post was edited

I'm guessing here, but If it won't work, try googling the makers name of the cam. I think with a bit of luck you should be able to find it on the net a download what you need.

I knew I could count on you, thanks mate!

This post was edited

Hahahaha, Phil! You got me back! Was just going to suggest the same...
Missed you too!

Jen

This post was edited

lmao! Thanks guys, you are all wiser people than I am when it comes to this stuff. Got the computer in the house, now I just need to put it together. lol....Laziness is. ;)

This post was edited

Hey Swifty. I DREAD saying this, but Phil is right..... When I got my new computer a couple of years ago, all of my computer nerd friends told me that the old web cam I had would not work with Vista, plus I no longer had the disk for it. I did google the manufactuer of the web cam, and low and behold, I downloaded the software I needed and the cam works !!!!! The only thing is that I now have the skinny screen, so I have the old web cam duct taped to the top of it !!!!! LOL I can fix anything !!!!!!! LOL

Steve

This post was edited

lmao! It's nice to see that duct tape even works for highend technology. ;)

Hehe...I just hope that the make and model of the webcam is visable somewhere on the stupid thing or else I'm hooped. lol...Will find out tonight I guess, as that's the plan, setting the damn thing up.

This post was edited

Hey Swifty. I cannot tell a lie, Phil is right, as usual, it just amazes me just how clever he is, and, on top of all that, he is such a nice, kind, thoughtful and generous guy with it. I know he's a bit of a perfectionist, but I just can't believe after all this time he is still single, you would have thought that some smart lovely lady would have snapped him up by now, but no, there he is at home, all alone, surfing the net, helping those in need at every opportunity, I just have to say that he really is a TOP GUY, and although I do give him a hard time occasionally, he just HAS to be, THE VERY BEST GUY that I have ever had the pleasure to know, IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! anyway, I digress, ..... When I got my new computer a couple of years ago, all of my computer nerd friends told me that the old web cam I had would not work with Vista, plus I no longer had the disk for it. I did google the manufactuer of the web cam, and low and behold, I downloaded the software I needed and the cam works !!!!! The only thing is that I now have the skinny screen, so I have the old web cam duct taped to the top of it !!!!! LOL I can fix anything !!!!!!! LOL Steve

Ahhhhh Steve, you're making me blush now :)

I think you're a TOP GUY too! :)

hehe!

Oopps, sorry Tom!

This post was edited

I really need to get seat belts on this chair !!!! I just fell out of it laughing again. Thanks Phil, I needed that !!!! LOL

You are a TOP GUY !!!!!!!!!

Steve

This post was edited

I really need to get seat belts on this chair !!!! I just fell out of it laughing again. Thanks Phil, I needed that !!!! LOL You are a TOP GUY !!!!!!!!! Steve

hehe

This post was edited
Web Cam

Is it working yet?

This post was edited