RE:Card carrying Nudist

Schools, theaters, churches, and any other gun free zone is a soft target. In reality most bad guys are cowards and if there is a reasonable chance they may face an armed defender many times that is enough to keep them at bay. Gun laws: Enforce ALL gun laws already on the books to the fullest extent and there will be sufficient common sense gun control. Will it stop all shootings NO, nothing humans devise will ever stop all shootings, that includes as the liberal media wants is take the guns. Then we as law abiding citizens will absolutely have no self defense against the bad guy that still has their illegal weapon.

This post was edited

Sorry Calvin, I'll play nice now! :)
Just my opinion, no offence.
Lee

This post was edited

Snarkiness aside, I own weapons not toys!
In a desperate situation, I prefer to be the "last man standing" when the police arrive.
That is common sense to me.
If our world turns south, more will prefer my philosophy than yours.
Lee

This post was edited

Lee:read what i wrote : no one has EVER wanted to take your toys away : but do you really want people such as me and my friend buying guns ?if you do .......your nuts ........ all we want is COMMON SENSEsome one on this thread said that we need to get to the "root cause "of the gun violence !! ok lets get to the nut cutting truththe REAL problem is LACK of parenting . when i was growing up if a kid did something wrong they got their butts whipped , to teach us that when we screw up there are consequences, our parents did NOT make excuses for us , our parents held us kids accountable for our own actionsthey whipped our butts to TEACH us , NOT to be mean . now a days parents shout at their kids and expect them to learn from it ..how is that working ? a good ass whipping NEVER hurt any kid. but it does make responsible adults out of them !!!

I was the one who suggested that we find the root cause for the violence, and lack of parenting can certainly be one of those causes. However, because individuals harm other individuals there can be no "one size fits all" cure. Our culture of hate seems to be increasing and hate is something that is taught. It could be that parenting is more harmful than the lack of it.

This post was edited

Lee :sorry but they are TOYS and guys that love them are like children " my toy is bigger than your toy , i have more toys than you dothats the philosophy of gun nutsits not the guns we are afraid of , its the IDIOTS that own them that scare the hell out of peopleits kinda like saying that the answer to the drug problem is more drugs !!!!..... are you people REALLY that stupid ?

Certainly not toys. I am an FFL holder and Class 3 dealer and manufacturer. I deal with everything from antique revolvers to heavy machine guns. Some are curios and collectibles, and I agree that they may no longer have tactical or practical application; but the rest of the inventory all have purposes to serve. Yes, there are some competition events and sporting uses for different classes of firearms, but they also serve a variety of purposes as TOOLS, not toys. I don't care what kind, type, size, or quantity anyone else has -- I own my tools chosen for my confidence and comfort in their use based on my perceived potential of requirement. I have carried a handgun every day for 30 years; I pray every day when I put it on that this not be the day that I need it -- I also hope today is not the day I need the fire extinguisher in my kitchen, or have to make a claim on my children's' life insurance policy. These things are serious. And I know, work with, socialize with people from a broad spectrum of political, spiritual, and lifestyle mindsets from far Left to far Right, none of them are "scared of the idiot".

This post was edited

I think that part of our issue is the name calling during a disagreement. We should be able to disagree without calling names or belittling the others point of view..

My thought is that there may be a correlation between insurances companies dropping mental health from policies I think sometime in the 80's and the rise in the reporting of gun violence.

A gun is a more efficient killing tool. Men have used tools to kill other men from the beginning of time. From rocks thrown by hand then slung with sling shouts because someone figured out that if you put a rock in a sling, you could throw it farther and harder. Soon men started sharpening rocks into weapons. Fast forward to gun powder and the gun.

All of these tools were invented by people trying to kill things more efficiently. Not a governing body. Legislation can be written to limit the type of weapon a person can own but in the end, people will invent a way to modify what is already available of fashion their own tool.

The Revolutionary war was a treasonous action by the people of the British Colonies. If only the British army had guns and canons, then the war may have had a different ending. I believe the nations founders understood that the people of the new nation should have the ability to rise up against a tyrannous government and be able to have the same tools that they have in order to keep them from forcing laws on the people that were not agreeable. This was tested in the War Between the States. After that war. The american government did not tell the confederates that they could never own a gun again. They sent them home without them and they made more.

Yes for some their guns can be considered Toys that they use for sport but for the Law Officer, for the Service person and for other that use their weapons in the course of work, it is a Tool. The owner of Big Daddy's BBQ categorizes his grill as a tool. My trucks are tools that I use for business. I do have a car that I would categorize as a toy but its use is not essential to my business.

I hope that we can agree to disagree on some issues without the name calling and that we can focus on the things that we agree on like the joys of social nudity.

This post was edited

" I hope that we can agree to disagree on some issues without the name calling and that we can focus on the things that we agree on like the joys of social nudity."

I think this is the best part of any post in the entire thread. Problems never get solved, they only get escalated when we show no respect for each other. We're all people with very different backgrounds and opinions, but it does not mean we cannot respect each other.

Thank you for introducing some sanity to the discussion.

This post was edited

, I HAVE OWNED HAND GUNS ALL OF MY LIFE , BUT DO HAVE COMMON SENSE

Unfortunately, Common Sense is not all that common, and everyone has their own interpretation of what good sense is. I fully believe that gun ownership is not the real issue. It is how we relate to one another. I see bullying as a big issue and probably the cause of some of the violence, but where does the attitude originate? We have a natural instinct toward self preservation, but somewhere in personal history it has been learned, correctly or not, that is OK to bring harm to another person. It has been going on for thousands of years, but it is only recently that I has been easy to make it widely known.

This post was edited

The idea of spending time naked among a group of like-minded adults is the opposite of the idea that I need a card with a name attached to some kind of accountability. These are opposites in my mind. I am into nudism because it separates me from such identification. That's the attraction. Plus the sunshine.

Put up a table at a nude resort on some Saturday and see if you get enough signatures to fill a Post-It note.

This post was edited

We certainly don't need a membership card to be nudists, but it would be nice if we had someone to lobby for us.

This post was edited