RE: images: UPLOADING .PICs TO TN PROFILE

How do you resize photos ?

If we are not mistaken, the size of a .PIC is based on the number of pixels required. We have successfully reduced them sans any special imaging software by opening the .JPG or BMP file into MS-Paint, then clicking IMAGE STRETCH/SKEW and setting both horizontal and vertical setting to 50% (or any other ratio as long as they are equal). You can also re-orient the image by clicking IMAGE FLIP/ROTATE so that there are more no sideways postings. Be sure to FILE SAVE your changes before uploading them to TN. Hope this works for you.
Thanks for that KaiThuy :)

And there was me thinking you just chopped a chunk off 'em!

This post was edited
RE: Posting photos, whats going on?

I don't know what the deal is with posting photos, but I have a simple suggestion: let the members of TN decide. Basically, what I'm saying is that the webmaster should allow any and all pics, no matter what. Then, if the members of TN are offended, the offending pic should be removed. This could be managed simply by using the "flag" function. If say, 10% of the membership "flagged" a pic, the webmaster would then remove it. Truly, this is a website for nudists, so I know most of you aren't offended by most of the pictures posted. But if there are some people that are offended by certain pictures, then let's use this as a way to get the picture deleted. I mean, whose website is this after all? Shouldn't we be able to decide as a group what's offensive or not and not have to leave that burden up to the webmaster?

LOL, okay I see where you are coming from ...HOWEVER....The website belongs to one person, TT1 (site admin), who has kindly developed it and is providing it free of charge to all of us, providing we have the courtesy to follow the guidelines that he has requested so as to maintain the site as a nudist site, not a sex site. The flagging system is in place to help him weed out the fake profiles, people who are abusing the site, and those who are clearly breaking the intent of the site. Since this is not a community owned site nor do members have to paya membership fee, it's not up to the members to decide what is and what isn't acceptable.

You say that you know most of us aren't offended by the pics that are posted because we are all nudists. Pictures of nothing more than erections and crotch shots and that promote nothing more than sex on a site that is about nudism are found offensive bymost nudists that I know.

I can't speak for others but Ican say that there are quite a lot of pics on the site that clearly break the rules set forth by site admin that I find offensive and whilewe (my husband and I) don't go looking for themwe do our best to help TT1with the weeding andflag them (using the flagging system that is already in place) for removal when we see them.

I can honestly say that most (not all) of the issues people have posting pics is generally a file size issue and not a content issue. Unless you are blatantly breaking a photo posting guideline.

It's so simple, people. You have a guy who got fed up with the other "nudist" sites that were nothing more than or quickly deteriorated into sex sites. So he started one of his own, a place where people who were interested in nudism/naturism could go without it all being completely sexualised. Have respect for that or if you can't, then at least have the courtesy to leave the site and go to one of the other sites where this is acceptable! There are a million out there.

Jen

This post was edited

Beautifully put Jen :)

This post was edited

I don't know what the deal is with posting photos, but I have a simple suggestion: let the members of TN decide. Basically, what I'm saying is that the webmaster should allow any and all pics, no matter what. Then, if the members of TN are offended, the offending pic should be removed. This could be managed simply by using the "flag" function. If say, 10% of the membership "flagged" a pic, the webmaster would then remove it. Truly, this is a website for nudists, so I know most of you aren't offended by most of the pictures posted. But if there are some people that are offended by certain pictures, then let's use this as a way to get the picture deleted. I mean, whose website is this after all? Shouldn't we be able to decide as a group what's offensive or not and not have to leave that burden up to the webmaster?

Suler, I like the idea (and really, in a sense that is how the pic's are currently monitored here anyways, but with guidelines), but without any set rules/guidelines itwould never work. Everybody's opinion on what is offensive and what isn't offensive is different and without any guidelines for the community to judge by, TT1 would be FLOODED with flagged accounts. Add in the fact that people in the online world are the most opinionated people out there, lol...it would be unimaginable how many flagged profiles TT1 would log into each and every day. The logistics of it all would be a nightmare I'm sure. Bottom line is, people need guidelines on which to judge the content they see otherwise it would be chaos.

I do agree with you though on it being our website, because really it is. We are the ones who make this community what it is and without us it wouldn't be here. This site was started for nudists who are sick and tired of all the nudist websites out there turning into orgies, we just need guidelines to follow to keep it that way and to keep mob mentality at bay.

This post was edited

Reiterating what Jen said about file size, I'll back that up. Each of the last two times I uploaded photos, they originally appeared as "ask me for a photo"...then I remembered that I had not reduced them. I went back to Picasa, reduced them, and like magic they were there. LOL, I'll probably forget next time, too.

Also, for you folks that need software to reduce, Google's Picasa (free download) is super easy to use, and has many other functions also.

This post was edited

Reiterating what Jen said about file size, I'll back that up. Each of the last two times I uploaded photos, they originally appeared as "ask me for a photo"...then I remembered that I had not reduced them. I went back to Picasa, reduced them, and like magic they were there. LOL, I'll probably forget next time, too. Also, for you folks that need software to reduce, Google's Picasa (free download) is super easy to use, and has many other functions also.
Thanks Gator1, I'll add that to the FAQ's

This post was edited

For any non-M$ users, ( *nix ) XV and Kuickview can both resize easily.
XV simply drag the corner to whatever you like, then save. Done.
GIMP is not so intuitive, but can also do a resize, as well as anything a professional
image editing suite can do, and more. ( and free )

This post was edited

For any non-M$ users, ( *nix ) XV and Kuickview can both resize easily. XV simply drag the corner to whatever you like, then save. Done. GIMP is not so intuitive, but can also do a resize, as well as anything a professional image editing suite can do, and more. ( and free )
Thanks Curt, I've added that one too :)

This post was edited

I'm new to this site and am now certified. But I have been trying to post pics and they all have been rejected (nude or clothed). It is very discouraging as I have tried over ten times to no avail. I sent one more picture this morning, this one of a sunrise in Jamaica, and shall wait to see the verdict.
I checked your profile and found you had two pics there. One thing that is commen when you are new is it takes a bit to get your first pica approved. I am not sure if that was part of the problem. You didn't mention file size, but now there is a file size limit and if a pic is larger than allowed, it will get rejected. You may need to resize the pics to make file smaller.

This post was edited