Is nudity a way to rebel, or just something to cross off your bucket list?

I have been having so economiclycheep fun the last year or so doing some naked dares on my own. One of those dares was posting pictures online withthis site. The question I have been thinking about is, is this something to scratch off my bucket list or am Irebeling against social norms? It kindof makes my think about those comic book heros that keep that super secret from being revealed. I wonder sometimes how it feels to be a nudist that IS open about itbut would being open end the fun I enjoy today?

This topic was edited
RE: Is nudity a way to rebel, or just something to cross off your bucket list?

Simon, Your views are those of exhibitinism, not nudism. You will need to change the way in which you perceive the naked form, before ever becoming a nudist.

This post was edited

My nudity was not a show of rebellion, but just the fact that I hated the restriction of clothing. Also I love the feel of the warm sun and air on my body. After 52 years of being a nudist I would have lived this way any way. I just hate to be clothed and I'm lonely clothed when I have to be to deal with the public and my job. There are some aspects of my job that I can do nude when out of view of the public.

This post was edited
RE: Is nudity a way to rebel, or just something ...

Well, my feeling is there must have been a time in human history when putting clothing on was seen as a way of intimidating those around you. A status tool of sorts, if you will allow me to say so. I mean, clothing or "coverings" cannot only have evolved simply out of need, can they?
The first coverings must have been made out of natural fibers such as grasses and leaves, not prepared and stretched animal hides. At one time even animal hides must have been considered sophisticated or elaborate and time-consuming to produce. So, what did the "elite" people of those times wear to show off their status as leaders?
These days judicial robes and power suits and neckties are the symbolism of power, wealth, political clout or authority, but they do not make the person any more capable of competent within themselves. A doctor does not become more skilled by putting on medical scrubs, even though these may give him or her a sense of self-confidence as they go about their duties or into the Surgery room.
Nudity is a default state of being and we are slowly and gradually reclaiming the right (or entitlement) to it.
~

This post was edited

I did it solely to be more comfortable.

This post was edited

I don't feel that nudity has anything to do with rebelling. Like other stated, nudism and voyeurism are totally different things. To post nude pictures on a dare is not really nudism, nor is post pictures or showing off your body to get a reaction from others or for sexual reasons.
I never did like wearing clothing and would never if I didn't have to. Most nudist spend a lot of time nude even when they are home alone, sitting in your chair watching a movie nude by yourself is in no way sexual (unless you make it sexual lol) or rebelling in any way.
If you ever visit a nudist resort or beach you will quickly see that nudism is not about rebelling or anything sexual at all.

This post was edited

Nudity has nothing to do with rebelling or a bucket list for me. I just simply enjoy the feeling of not wearing clothes.

This post was edited

Nudity has nothing to do with rebelling or a bucket list. It is simply an expression of how one feels, period. Why clothing anyhow? Every human being comes into this world nude, it goes down hill from there. Enjoy your "natural" day evefry chance you get folks :-)

This post was edited

Nudity is not a way to rebel in my opinion.It is simply an expression of ones beliefs.Nudist believe that not wearing clothes is the most comfortable and enjoyable way to experience the world around them.There is nothing like the feeling of the breeze and the warm sunshine on the naked body.Stay naked my friends.

This post was edited