Forum Scrabble (Part 16 or XVI)

How to play
Below is a four letter word.
Copy and paste it into your post (don't quote or the quotes could get ridiculously long).
Change/Replace one letter and type it in next to the original word.
The next person to reply will need to copy and paste two words and so on and so on.
No repeating of words. (To check if a word has already been used, hit control F, a "Find" box will appear on your tool bar, type the word in there. (Thanks for that tip LookN!, Your way is fine too, Phil...I just don't remember what it is!)
Let's see how many words we come up with by changing one letter at a time.

RULES:
1. This game is loosely based on the board game SCRABBLE. We are following the rules for acceptable words as set forth by SCRABBLE.

Acceptable words:
"All words labeled as a part of speech (including thoselisted of foreign origin,and as archaic, obsolete, colloquial, slang, etc are permitted". (Note on foreign words - they must be words that have been incorporated into theEnglish language, i.e. Fino (Spanishsherry) is acceptable, Vous (French for you) is NOT acceptable)

Unacceptable words:
"Words always capitalized (proper nouns), abbreviations, prefixes and suffixes standing alone,words requiring a hyphen or an apostrophe".

2. As much fun as it would be to rearrange letters, that defeats the purpose of the game. THE CHALLENGE IS IN CHANGING/REPLACING ONE LETTER!!!

3. You can only play ONE word at a time.

4.If aword is challenged, the correction should be made by the person who catches it and play continues from the correction forward. If words are lost because of that, then shame on all for not catching it sooner. Before you "change" a word, please make ABSOLUTELY CERTAINit truly ISN'T acceptable by looking it up in the final source. See next rule.

5. (as suggested by Desperado).The following is the final source onacceptable words, if you can't find it here, it'sNOT acceptable:

Please note: in this source the plural tense of a three letter word can often only be found by looking up the singular.ex: LIDSis only listed in source under LID.

6. On occasion players post simultaneously creating a double thread. The game moves on from the FIRST new word to be posted. Please take a second after posting to look back and make sure this has not happened to you. If it has then edit and change your word to follow the word that was posted first. That has been the unspoken "gentlemen's" rule of this game since day one and has helped to keep it a friendly game.

7. PLAY NICE! NO TROLLING, FLAMING OR RUDE REMARKS ABOUT ANY OTHER PLAYER PLEASE! THIS GAME WAS CREATED AS A PLACE FOR FUN AND TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE HEATED EXCHANGES THAT SOMETIMES OCCUR ON OTHER THREADS.

This topic was edited
RE: FORUM SCRABBLE Part XVI

I've learnt a new word: impassable. This game is truly educative. Seems that "lang" resulted in terrible difficulties. I'll remove "lang" and add another word that makes a continuation possible. /Andy

This post was edited

It's odd that Tom need to post twice to make it work, I've so far not experienced that problem. /Andy

This post was edited

It's odd that Tom need to post twice to make it work, I've so far not experienced that problem. /Andy

There is nothing "odd" about it. There is usually a problem when a new page begins. It has happened over and over with many of us. You just haven't experienced it, yet. You have only posted 261 times and I have posted 398 times, so odds are you are due.

Tom's correct, Andy. I've had it happen before on this and other threads. It's a system glitch that pops up every now and then. Speaking of which, You BOTH made it past 250 posts and are now officially butt-naked. We've been leaving messages on the butt-naked thread for both of you to come join the butt-naked group. We've pulled up chairs next to the camp fire and have cold beers (or whatever your preferred beverage is) waiting for you. LOL, what's taking you so long, are you boycotting us? Or just waiting for the scrabble game to end? The Butt Naked / Super Nudist Club

As a matter of fact, Tom, in another few posts you'll have to see me for your supernudist cape fitting.

Jen

This post was edited

There is nothing "odd" about it. There is usually a problem when a new page begins. It has happened over and over with many of us. You just haven't experienced it, yet. You have only posted 261 times and I have posted 398 times, so odds are you are due.

Tom's correct, Andy. I've had it happen before on this and other threads. It's a system glitch that pops up every now and then. Speaking of which, You BOTH made it past 250 posts and are now officially butt-naked. We've been leaving messages on the butt-naked thread for both of you to come join the butt-naked group. We've pulled up chairs next to the camp fire and have cold beers (or whatever your preferred beverage is) waiting for you. LOL, what's taking you so long, are you boycotting us? Or just waiting for the scrabble game to end? The Butt Naked / Super Nudist Club

As a matter of fact, Tom, in another few posts you'll have to see me for your supernudist cape fitting.

Jen
Well, my comment was in no way meant to be anything negative regarding Tom. Lot of odd things happen when surfing around at Internet, not only at True Nudists. But there are other parts of this forum that deals with the peculiarities of this site.
Oh, and thanks for the invitation to the Butt Naked/super Nudist Club, didn't know it was one. I prefer drinks without alcohol, keeping my mind sober since birth.

/Andy
...and let's get on with the game now...

This post was edited

Eight pages again. The game has moved to Forum Scrabble - Part 17

p.s. Thanks, Andy, for making the change necessary for the game to continue...

This post was edited