RE: Does it make me a perv?

Maybe there's a thin line and we are having trouble really defining it. Nudism is and can be "sensual," but isn't primarily "sexual." There are those that are not into swinging but use nudism and visits to nudist venues to "enhance" their sexual drive or to stimulate their relationships. Watching other naked people can have this effect on some couples and if it "helps" their personal relationship ... then I don't think it's a bad thing, as long as they are private about it. The sensual feeling most get with nudism is pretty tame and G rated. For example; when my wife and I visit our favorite resort, we get massages from our friend, the resort masseuse. The massages are done in the nude, outside and it is "sensual" in that we become completely relaxed, we are uncovered and the sun and breeze feels so good against the naked skin. The smell of the oil used also can be sensual and calming. WE are so relaxed that our friend usually has to awaken us to turn over or to tell us the session is over. My wife and I reconnect at nudist resorts and clubs. Our everyday lives are put on hold and we are there without cover, opening up completely to one another, discussing our lives, discussing our dreams and planning our stress free futures. It can be a very sensual experience and most times it is for us, but it's never really been a sexual experience nor do we think if you think it's "sexual" ... it automatically makes you a pervert, just new or a little misinformed. :)

This post was edited

Maybe there's a thin line and we are having trouble really defining it. Nudism is and can be "sensual," but isn't primarily "sexual." There are those that are not into swinging but use nudism and visits to nudist venues to "enhance" their sexual drive or to stimulate their relationships. Watching other naked people can have this effect on some couples and if it "helps" their personal relationship ... then I don't think it's a bad thing, as long as they are private about it. The sensual feeling most get with nudism is pretty tame and G rated. For example; when my wife and I visit our favorite resort, we get massages from our friend, the resort masseuse. The massages are done in the nude, outside and it is "sensual" in that we become completely relaxed, we are uncovered and the sun and breeze feels so good against the naked skin. The smell of the oil used also can be sensual and calming. WE are so relaxed that our friend usually has to awaken us to turn over or to tell us the session is over. My wife and I reconnect at nudist resorts and clubs. Our everyday lives are put on hold and we are there without cover, opening up completely to one another, discussing our lives, discussing our dreams and planning our stress free futures. It can be a very sensual experience and most times it is for us, but it's never really been a sexual experience nor do we think if you think it's "sexual" ... it automatically makes you a pervert, just new or a little misinformed. :)

This post was edited

I found that I enjoy to be nude outside and with others. I find this to be a sense of freedom and it is relaxing. Now for the questioning part, I find that secretly I am hoping that others are admiring my body and peeking. I don't go to nudists areas with the intent of anything sexual, just to sun with my wife, but the thoughts I get. I can't help it.Nudism isn't about seeing or being seen. However, glancing at new arrivals no matter what they are wearing or not is human nature.

I totally agree with CherBear

This post was edited

I found that I enjoy to be nude outside and with others. I find this to be a sense of freedom and it is relaxing. Now for the questioning part, I find that secretly I am hoping that others are admiring my body and peeking. I don't go to nudists areas with the intent of anything sexual, just to sun with my wife, but the thoughts I get. I can't help it.There's nothing wrong with having a bit of pride in your body and it's certainly healthier than worrying if others think you have a bad body

This post was edited
RE:Does it make me a perv?

Doesn't in my mind! Nice to be looked at.

This post was edited

I found that I enjoy to be nude outside and with others. I find this to be a sense of freedom and it is relaxing. Now for the questioning part, I find that secretly I am hoping that others are admiring my body and peeking. I don't go to nudists areas with the intent of anything sexual, just to sun with my wife, but the thoughts I get. I can't help it.

Being naked outside with others, beach, your own back yard or in a camp ground etc, the sense of freedom and relaxation is a perfectly normal way to feel and be.

Whether people admit to it or not, everyone will take a peek at everyone else, it's human nature, EVERYONE does it ! As far as I am concerned and having read your profile and looked at your pictures, if I were you I would be very happy that others were looking at your naked body and admiring it, even if not a single words was said. You know when someone is checking you out (not necessarily in a sexual way), you can feel their eyes looking at you.

As for whatever thoughts go through your head, it doesn't matter what they actually are or are about. If it makes you feel better/happier in yourself, knowing that people are taking a look at your naked body and your fine with it, then NO, you are not a perv in any way, shape or form.

IF it gives you a sense of security that you are admired when naked, then go with that feeling, enjoy it, don't matter if it's a female or male taking a peek at your naked self, your worth it in my opinion.

And before anyone comes back with a smart comment about me being gay, DON'T BOTHER ! My personal sexuality has nothing to do with this gentleman's question on here. I for one think he's a very beautiful man, in looks, body etc, and he should be proud of who he is and what he has to offer as a naked human being and a naturist/nudist. If people like the look of him, why should he feel that he's being a perv for others admiring his naked form.

This post was edited

Hi fellow nudists. I just joined this site and this is one of the first topics I've read. So I may regret making my first post on this topic since it is rather serious and hits at the an important angle of being nude - one's attitude and reasons for being nude. I think most of the responses have been interesting and on point. The word "perv" in the OP's title is a hint to me that the OP is talking about more than people just looking at him and liking what they see. The last two sentences indicate he has thoughts about what the other person might be thinking (i.e. he's hot and I'd like to do xyz with him or see my wife do xyz). The word perv to me is vague and covers different behavior and thoughts for different people. If I'm right about the OP's thinking, does that make him a perv? I don't know and don't really care but since perv is a negative word for most people, I hope the answer is no since I share the OPs perspective when nude.There is a wide spectrum of behavior and thought between dressing sexy, wearing almost nothing, being nude, behaving sexually while nude in public and swinging nude in public. Where being a perv falls along this spectrum is debatable and perhaps it is not a single point along the spectrum.As for myself, I started being naked around my house and yard 10 or so years ago but didn't do it regularly until my kids had left home. I enjoy wearing thongs around the house. My house fronts a two lane highway but has a big yard with lots of trees and privacy in the back. My wife and I enjoy naked gardening but we have to put on something when we are in the front yard. So she might wear a tight workout top and some short shorts or a short skirt. I'm often conflicted about what to wear. I'd like to wear a thong or speedo but for some reason am scared to do it. So I using wear a pair of shorter shorts. When I'm mowing on my riding tractor, though, I'm nude where privacy allows and wear a yellow and green jungle print speedo that matches my John Deere tractor. Given this behavior and a frequent urge to show my body to others, I have referred to myself as an exhibitionist. However I don't refer to myself as a pervert unless sarcastically or jokingly.The OP talks about being on the beach, or that was my takeaway. We have lots of experience on nude beaches - Aquinnah on Martha's Vineyard, Haulover, and Orient in St. Martin. We've also gotten naked on isolated bits of beach all over. While we love being naked for all the "right" reasons (feeling of sun/wind, no tanlines, relaxing), we also enjoy the sensual feelings that come along with it. We enjoy looking at other people and knowing that they are or might be looking at us.So it seems like the sentiment about the OP is that he's not a perv and I agree. I think the OP should go to the Garden of Eden in Key West to experience nudity in a very intense way without any overt sexual behavior (it's not allowed per the sign above the bar).

I also live on a busy street and while I have considered doing front yard work in a swim brief, I have not yet had the courage to do so.
I have done back yard work in a swim brief and inside our privacy fence, nude.

This post was edited

I also live on a busy street and while I have considered doing front yard work in a swim brief, I have not yet had the courage to do so.I have done back yard work in a swim brief and inside our privacy fence, nude.I have no idea what this has to do with naturism?

You must be aware that some people see almost nude as the stepping stone to nude. It's why I was adamant that no underwear etc be allowed in a nudist club. It's textile and it has all the baggage and more. Then we have those who are putting on a show for themselves and others. So nothing really.

This post was edited

Hi fellow nudists. I just joined this site and this is one of the first topics I've read. So I may regret making my first post on this topic since it is rather serious and hits at the an important angle of being nude - one's attitude and reasons for being nude. I think most of the responses have been interesting and on point. The word "perv" in the OP's title is a hint to me that the OP is talking about more than people just looking at him and liking what they see. The last two sentences indicate he has thoughts about what the other person might be thinking (i.e. he's hot and I'd like to do xyz with him or see my wife do xyz). The word perv to me is vague and covers different behavior and thoughts for different people. If I'm right about the OP's thinking, does that make him a perv? I don't know and don't really care but since perv is a negative word for most people, I hope the answer is no since I share the OPs perspective when nude.There is a wide spectrum of behavior and thought between dressing sexy, wearing almost nothing, being nude, behaving sexually while nude in public and swinging nude in public. Where being a perv falls along this spectrum is debatable and perhaps it is not a single point along the spectrum.As for myself, I started being naked around my house and yard 10 or so years ago but didn't do it regularly until my kids had left home. I enjoy wearing thongs around the house. My house fronts a two lane highway but has a big yard with lots of trees and privacy in the back. My wife and I enjoy naked gardening but we have to put on something when we are in the front yard. So she might wear a tight workout top and some short shorts or a short skirt. I'm often conflicted about what to wear. I'd like to wear a thong or speedo but for some reason am scared to do it. So I using wear a pair of shorter shorts. When I'm mowing on my riding tractor, though, I'm nude where privacy allows and wear a yellow and green jungle print speedo that matches my John Deere tractor. Given this behavior and a frequent urge to show my body to others, I have referred to myself as an exhibitionist. However I don't refer to myself as a pervert unless sarcastically or jokingly.The OP talks about being on the beach, or that was my takeaway. We have lots of experience on nude beaches - Aquinnah on Martha's Vineyard, Haulover, and Orient in St. Martin. We've also gotten naked on isolated bits of beach all over. While we love being naked for all the "right" reasons (feeling of sun/wind, no tanlines, relaxing), we also enjoy the sensual feelings that come along with it. We enjoy looking at other people and knowing that they are or might be looking at us.So it seems like the sentiment about the OP is that he's not a perv and I agree. I think the OP should go to the Garden of Eden in Key West to experience nudity in a very intense way without any overt sexual behavior (it's not allowed per the sign above the bar).I also live on a busy street and while I have considered doing front yard work in a swim brief, I have not yet had the courage to do so.I have done back yard work in a swim brief and inside our privacy fence, nude.
Another minimal coverage option that some have mentioned using is to take an old pair or shorts and open the crotch and side seams. Gives coverage and near total freedom at the same time.

This post was edited